So tired of constant flash crashes

Iron Forum for english speaking people

markaz

Re: So tired of constant flash crashes

Post by markaz »

jackscagnetti1 wrote:I think i figured it out so far so good. Chrome has its own flash. So when u install flash they conflict.

To fix go to plugin's and disable adobe flash.

chrome:plugins

disable Adobe Flash Player

:D
I completely agree with the conflict answer. The only problem with disabling Flash is that sites (other than YouTube) using Flash as their player cannot be viewed. The way I took care of it was to address it from the HTML5 angle. I installed the extension "Disable YouTube HTML5 Player". Haven't had any problems with Flash on ANY site since installing, not just YouTube.
jackscagnetti1

Post by jackscagnetti1 »

jackscagnetti1 wrote:I think i figured it out so far so good. Chrome has its own flash. So when u install flash they conflict.

To fix go to plugin's and disable adobe flash.

chrome:plugins

disable Adobe Flash Player

:D
ya this only helps a little it still crashes but not as much.
caincha

Post by caincha »

markaz wrote: General rule of thumb.....If your version of Iron is working very well, DO NOT update until checking forums like this to make sure that all of the bugs have been taken care of on the newer versions.
So basically you're saying that all of the new versions are always beta?
markaz

Post by markaz »

caincha wrote:
markaz wrote: General rule of thumb.....If your version of Iron is working very well, DO NOT update until checking forums like this to make sure that all of the bugs have been taken care of on the newer versions.
As long as there are issues with Flash and/or any other application then YES. So what constitutes a browser or any other program ready to be set for final release. Last I checked is all bugs were ironed out.
arflech

Post by arflech »

caincha wrote:
No, he's saying that the zero-days that are fixed with each release should not worry you, pay no attention to what every reputable security researcher says about keeping software up to date. :roll:

With that said, multiple installations of Flash do not cause crashes (and Chrome's bundled PPAPI Flash will not be detected by other browsers, not even other Chromium derivatives), it's just that Chromium derivatives will pick one of the installed versions and it might not be the one you want; you should go here to get the PPAPI installer, which is intended for Opera and Yandex Browser and other Chromium derivatives, which will stop supporting NPAPI this year but do not get Chrome's PPAPI Flash bundled in: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
Then in chrome://plugins, expand the details and enable just the PPAPI Flash.
M84

Post by M84 »

1) having the Flash issue. Amazon in particular crashes if I blink at it.
2) having Gdoc issues, as someone mentioned, specifically Spreadsheets.