Page crash problem on 37.0.2000.0

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Taro Suzuki

Page crash problem on 37.0.2000.0

Post by Taro Suzuki »

Hello,

I have noticed page crash problem on my next environment:
Version: Iron 37.0.2000.0 (Windows, 32bit)

Steps to reproduce:
1) Launch Iron by shortcut.
2) Visit site:
http://www.lifehacker.jp/ or http://itpro.nikkeibp.co.jp/?rt=nocnt
3) Wait few seconds until page loaded completely.
4) Then the page will crash that says "Aw, Snap".

Time to reproduce:
Always.

Expected result:
No "Aw, Snap" page will appear.

I think that its problem will be occurred by only Iron version 37 (32bit), but Google Chrome (37.0.2062.120) may be fine.
What's the happening with version Iron 37?
I would appreciate your efforts if you can fix it.

Thanks.
mchipeur

Re: Page crash problem on 37.0.2000.0

Post by mchipeur »

I am having the same "Aw Snap" problem with many other pages too. Many, but not all pages crash repeatedly.

Iron Version 37.0.2000.0 (291000)
Hotcakes

Post by Hotcakes »

Same with 32bit v37. A lot of pages will crash randomly, those japanese links are 100% reproducible though, it seems. When a page crashes, often if I load the page in a fresh new tab it will work on a second attempt. This forum is even having the problem for me, when I go into a thread. This thread for instance, crashed 3 times before I was able to read and reply.
Hotcakes

Post by Hotcakes »

This problem persist on v38.
bartho

Post by bartho »

have this too with google docs 2.0 since a few versions. very randomly and anoying :(
mistyfifty

Post by mistyfifty »

Hotcakes wrote:This problem persist on v38.

same here and it is getting worse :shock:
Hotcakes

Post by Hotcakes »

Appears to be fixed (or at least much better) in v39.
tell

Post by tell »

Not sure if I can be any help to you or not. I just know enough about these computers to barely get by.

I was having those same issues with Iron version 33.0.180. I have 2 very old computers and don't even have 1 gig of RAM on either one. I'm sure my processors are museum pieces also. In fact the newest version of Iron I can put on these 2 computers is version 33. All newer versions will not open and I'm sure it is because of the processor speeds and RAM. Oh well there is always a price you have to pay for being a cheap skate

But I am a SRWare Iron fan and when I have problems I will try and do anything to make sure I can keep using my Iron browser.

I have noticed that a lot of these sites are loading all sorts of ads and other multi media stuff. I'm sure it is just overwhelming my computer and was the reason I was getting those crashes.

So what I did was type "chrome:plugins" without the quotes into the URL bar. Hit enter and it shows all the plug in's Iron is trying to use. Each item has a blue button which said "enable" or "disable". I disabled everything even the Adobe Flash. Now I don't get those crashes and the sites load up much faster.

The funny thing is I can still watch YouTube videos and I thought you needed Flash to watch them but they say SRWare Iron has it's own flash built in. What is weird is I can go to other sites and try to watch videos and they will not work unless I enable Flash by the method I described. I watch those videos and then disable flash until the next time I need it....no big problem at all.