Click an email address, a different browser opens

Iron Forum for english speaking people

movrshakr

Click an email address, a different browser opens

Post by movrshakr »

When I click on an email address (and mailto: shows in the bottom status bar) Comodo Dragon opens--not Thunderbird--and not Iron, the default browser which I am already in wen the link is clicked.

Iron is not calling the email program to send the email, it is calling a completely different, non-default browser .

Huh?
Jerr39

Re: Click an email address, a different browser opens

Post by Jerr39 »

Can you confirm if the MAILTO protocol is tied to the program that you wish to open when you click on the email address? (Whether it's Thunder Bird or another program)

To confirm if this is the case, open the Control Panel and left click Default Programs. After that, left click “Associate a file type or protocol with a program.” Scroll to the bottom of the list until you see the “MAILTO” protocol. Double left click it and select the program in the list that you wish to open when you click on an email address in SRWare Iron. Click OK and you should be done.

Hope this helps!
movrshakr

Post by movrshakr »

That was it. I have no idea how it ever got changed, as it formerly worked properly.
Thanks for the lead. I never thought something like that would get changed without me doing it.
Jerr39

Post by Jerr39 »

It happens. Perhaps Comodo Dragon became the default application for email when it was installed. Anyways, I’m glad to hear it worked! Thanks for letting us know.