Iron 64 bit and flash---- problem

Iron Forum for english speaking people

ironuser

Iron 64 bit and flash---- problem

Post by ironuser »

Some Flash things won't play in the 64 bit I put on my Win8.1 machine.
There were a lot of videos on YouTube that 'crashed' the 64 bit version of Iron.

Anyone have an idea why? And/or what needs to be done to make them work.

I Had to drop back to the 32 bit.
(Which meant I had to do the freaking extension installs AGAIN this evening! That's twice in one evening and that twice SUCKS!)
vin

Re: Iron 64 bit and flash---- problem

Post by vin »

The same here.. Flash on iron x64 crashes. On 32-bit Iron flash works normally. No problems with flash on x64 Google Chrome versions or x64 Opera, so it must be Iron-specific problem.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

I need to clarify this a bit. Flash didn't work with the 64bit version because my version of Flash is 32bit.
So there was a very good reason for it not working.

I need the 32bit Flash for testing in Firefox alpha/beta browsers that don't come in 64bit version.
So I had to go back to Iron 32bit.
I really don't mind. Not much out there in the 64bit world anyway, and the Flash 64bit plugin is s POS to start with!

T'was My problem! I didn't think before I committed to the Iron 64bit install. But yo'du think with all the devs at the Chromium Project, one of them could come up with a warning prompt that plugins will be broken when installing 64bit over 32bit.

My 2 cents anyway.
movrshakr

Post by movrshakr »

Interesing, but I have been having several flash crashes per day in 32 bit Iron.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Try using the FLASH UNINSTALLER and reinstall it after restarting your system(s).
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html

Sometimes things get a bit corrupted with too many 'updates'

I never allow FLASH to automatically update! IT WILL create problems eventually.
vin

Post by vin »

this has nothing to do with x86 and x64 flash installed parallely, imho.. i did test this on a clean system, nothing is uninstalled and reinstalled, no mixed content etc. as i said above, x64 google chrome + x64 flash works nicely - no crashes. so does opera developer x64 + flash x64 - no crashes! only x64 iron and flash x64 crashes here. so it's clearly some iron x64 bug!

zeon

Post by zeon »

To me flash works fine (64bit portable version and pepperflash).
ebrownor

Post by ebrownor »

I have found that Disabling Disconnect, i.e. Whitelisting the site where Flash crashes, will allow the video to play. Inconvenient perhaps, but it works.