New Iron-Version: 37.0.2000.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

close04

Re: New Iron-Version: 37.0.2000.0 Stable for Windows

Post by close04 »

Coming back to what I said earlier, since there's no timeframe for a fix I solved it with the workaround described earlier. I'm not sure how it would work on normal installations but on portable it's pretty straight forward:

- I used a fresh Iron v31 (v36 didn't sign me in so I picked an older version at random) and synced my profile.
- Extracted the Iron v37 64bit over the old v31 but didn't overwrite the "Profile" folder (only the Iron folder and the .exe)
- Copied several files like history, visited sites, etc. to have the same speed dial and history as the old profile.

This should work for normal installations also.
lucas

Post by lucas »

hdq wrote:Hello,
I am a big fan of the Iron browser, however, the latest release has some font rendering problems. On some sites (ex. Facebook, Pinterest, Behance, Strava) all the texts are in Italic. It seems to be a minor bug, but really annoying when watching these pages for a longer time. Other sites are displayed correctly, so no problem with Youtube, Google, LinkedIn, etc.
Could you please check this problem?
Thanks,
Gergő from Hungary
I don't have any of the described issues. Check your system, it's not Iron.
skross

Post by skross »

Its hard to believe login has not worked since version 35. I could understand version 36 causing a problem, but it should have been fixed in version 37 at the latest. This makes me question your loyalty to your user base and even your competency.
sylar2511

Post by sylar2511 »

Hi everyone,

I installed Iron 37.0.2000.0 64 bit on my Win 7 x64 machine. Well, I run the complete scan on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it told me that 2 files in AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\File System\001\t\00 were infected, the malwares were "PUP.Optional.Somoto". I don't know how is that even possible, the browser is without extensions. I unistalled the browser just to be safe.

Thank you.
RikkyRicardo

Post by RikkyRicardo »

does adblock.ini still work, ie: are there up to date list out there ?
bugman

Post by bugman »

Hello
Sign in to SRWare Iron Version 37 Portabl not work
the login page refresh everyone and not happened !
monsto

Post by monsto »

This version of Iron is really busted. I have lived with and moved past a number of problems with previous versions, but this time the problems are simply inexcusable.
Azrael5

Post by Azrael5 »

Is it posible to fix some bugs on old srware ironversions? I've noted the best XP version of Srware Iron is 32. This version lacks on sound advice for example in social network new messages and yello popup during mouse running on link titles. Is it possible to fix this 2 issues!?

This is chromium 32 it has 2 more features in hardware acceleration: accelerated composited scrolling & universal accelerated composition; is it possible to implement them on iron 32!? Thanks.

Jetway pt88bspro-ec|Pentium 4 670|OCZ Platinum DDR400 2x1GB|Sapphire HD3850 AGP|Creative XtremeGamer|Dexxa ps/2|Edifier S550|Asus VB175T|Xp
oldbushie

Post by oldbushie »

lucas wrote:
hdq wrote:Hello,
I am a big fan of the Iron browser, however, the latest release has some font rendering problems. On some sites (ex. Facebook, Pinterest, Behance, Strava) all the texts are in Italic. It seems to be a minor bug, but really annoying when watching these pages for a longer time. Other sites are displayed correctly, so no problem with Youtube, Google, LinkedIn, etc.
Could you please check this problem?
Thanks,
Gergő from Hungary
I don't have any of the described issues. Check your system, it's not Iron.
It's Chrome, actually.

Go here and disable Direct Write to stop all fonts looking like crap:
chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write

Also, Google Drive keeps crashing for me, so I have to view documents in a different browser. This is... painful. (I keep getting the Aw Snap message.)
oldbushie

Post by oldbushie »

Just to clarify, it only seems to be crashing on really big spreadsheets. A few other docs still seem to be okay.