New Iron-Version: 37.0.2000.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

vmq6695

Re: New Iron-Version: 37.0.2000.0 Stable for Windows

Post by vmq6695 »

TakisGenn wrote:64 bit installer on win 7 failed to update the "shell\open\command" keys in registry and Iron cannot be called clicking on links.
I manually searched the registry for "chromiumHTM" keys and replaced all occurrences of the old 86 path with the correct one.
Thank you, TakisGenn! You're superb.

I edited about 19 registry keys.

I still have at least one 32-bit program that faults when calling my default browser (i.e. 64-bit Iron). I'll search for other registry keys calling the earlier 32-bit installation.

Cheers

V
cinciopillo

Post by cinciopillo »

The print command doesn't work.
cinciopillo

Post by cinciopillo »

Does iron take advantage from Microsoft EMET additional protection?
cinciopillo

Post by cinciopillo »

With 64bit version, when I browse some web sites, I get this error
"Shockwave Flash has crashed".

May be because of 32bit plugin version on a 64bit browser?
Daganth

Post by Daganth »

sjakiechoc wrote:Daganth,

could describe what you have done to restore your extensions?

Kind regards,

Sjakiechoc
Hi,

These are the steps I did to get my extensions back. (I'm using Win 7 / 64-bit Os)

1) - I uninstalled SRWare Iron Browser.
2) - I went to Program Files folder and deleted "SRWare" folder.
3) - I ran CCleaner registry scanner to clean out registry remnants pointing to the browser location.

4) - I then went to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Chromium" and located the "User Data" folder.
5) - I right-clicked on "User Data" folder and chose "Properties", then "Previous Versions" tab.
6) - I chose a "User Data" listing (for me, the most recent working one) - then hit restore.

7) - When restored, I went into "User Data" folder and copied "Default" folder (backup) to another drive.
8) - I then re-installed the previous SrWare iron browser I had.
9) - After installation, I went to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data" and removed the "Default" folder.

10) - I then copied my restored/backed up "Default folder" and dropped it into "User Data" folder.
11) - I launched Iron and got everything back the way it was.

A little bit of a tedious task, but managed it. I'll be more weary the next time. ;)
adelphi

Post by adelphi »

Printing no longer works with 64bit Version v37.0.2000.0 on Win7 64bit: Doesn't matter if I use the chrome print dialog or the system printing dialog. The print job is shown in the queue but never gets printed. I can't even cancel the job, I'll have to restart the printer spooler service. Tested on several machines. IE/FF printing is still fine. I'll go back to v36.
dsiminiuk

Post by dsiminiuk »

Adobe Flash crashing often.
Installer was most recent install_flashplayer15x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe

Flash version 15,0,0,152 installed
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

cinciopillo wrote:With 64bit version, when I browse some web sites, I get this error
"Shockwave Flash has crashed".

May be because of 32bit plugin version on a 64bit browser?
Short answer, YES! I had the same thing happen.
Long answer>>> I went back to the 32bit Iron because I have FIrefox test browsers that require 32bit FLASH.

If you have no other requirements for 32bit FLASH, uninstall it and get the 64bit version.

Answer maybe here> http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html
The 64bit stub location>>> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect (don't forge to UNCHECK the MCAFEE BOX IN THE CENTER!!!)

And here is the FLASH UNINSTALLER>>> http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html

USE IT FIRST!!! DO NOT INSTALL 64bit FLASH ON TOP OF the 32bit VERSION.
KickMeInTheJunk

Post by KickMeInTheJunk »

Yikes, this one is a little too buggy for me. Where can I find an installer for v36?

I probably could've lived with no sign in, but Flash was utterly broken as were Extensions. This was for a 64-bit attempt which was really all I wanted from v37, rollback to v36 at least gets me sign in as well.
KickMeInTheJunk

Post by KickMeInTheJunk »

Found the installer on Sourceforge, but had to go back to 34 to get Google sign in to work, then upgrade to v36.