New Iron-Version: 37.0.2000.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

naf

Re: New Iron-Version: 37.0.2000.0 Stable for Windows

Post by naf »

Hey,

I must admit it's beyond my understanding that you can call a release "stable" when a basic and crucial feature like the google sync is not working at all.
i'm still glad you continue the dev of Iron, it's still my favourite browser.
taiiat

Post by taiiat »

i'm seeing an oddity in this version on the rendering of Bold text.

for some reason, Bold text is all too Bold.

for example:

on this search, you can see that the bolded text is so bold that it disrupts the underline of the link, because the bolded text is larger than it's supposed to be.

this happens on every single webpage as far as i can tell. any text that's supposed to be Bolded is too Bold.
close04

Post by close04 »

Any timeframe for the sign-in issue? I managed to get around it at first by singing in on v36 then updating my portable installation. But once logged out it's gone as the profile version was upgraded. So my profile is no longer compatible with older versions. And while trying this it managed to corrupt it enough for me to have to reinstall each extension.

Some approximate release date would really be nice.

Thanks.
hdq

Post by hdq »

Hello,
I am a big fan of the Iron browser, however, the latest release has some font rendering problems. On some sites (ex. Facebook, Pinterest, Behance, Strava) all the texts are in Italic. It seems to be a minor bug, but really annoying when watching these pages for a longer time. Other sites are displayed correctly, so no problem with Youtube, Google, LinkedIn, etc.
Could you please check this problem?
Thanks,
Gergő from Hungary
KNTRO

Post by KNTRO »

Daganth wrote: Hi,

These are the steps I did to get my extensions back. (I'm using Win 7 / 64-bit Os)

1) - I uninstalled SRWare Iron Browser.
2) - I went to Program Files folder and deleted "SRWare" folder.
3) - I ran CCleaner registry scanner to clean out registry remnants pointing to the browser location.

4) - I then went to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Chromium" and located the "User Data" folder.
5) - I right-clicked on "User Data" folder and chose "Properties", then "Previous Versions" tab.
6) - I chose a "User Data" listing (for me, the most recent working one) - then hit restore.

7) - When restored, I went into "User Data" folder and copied "Default" folder (backup) to another drive.
8) - I then re-installed the previous SrWare iron browser I had.
9) - After installation, I went to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data" and removed the "Default" folder.

10) - I then copied my restored/backed up "Default folder" and dropped it into "User Data" folder.
11) - I launched Iron and got everything back the way it was.

A little bit of a tedious task, but managed it. I'll be more weary the next time. ;)
I love you. You know that, right? ;)

Thanks a lot, dude! You're the man!
LigH

Post by LigH »

An urgent update is probably recommended since there is a known security flaw regarding the unreliable check of RSA signatures in the NSS library, used by Mozilla and Chrome.
alfarom

Post by alfarom »

Been using SWware Iron for many years and totally Love it!

However, on my Windows 7 box, Version 37.0.2000.0 (291000) crashes constantly and my extensions are gone. It is usually crashing on pages with a lot going on, likely the flash in the ads or something, but that makes up a huge percentage of web pages. Anyway, just wanted to give some feedback. I've turned a lot of people on to this awesome browser, but this latest is the only one I have had trouble with and it seems pretty severe to me, rather than an occasional issue.
RC18

Post by RC18 »

Well, i have de version 35.0.1900.0 (280000), only because of sync google problems...
i hope the final version comes fast.
Have a good work!
adampknight

Post by adampknight »

Since I made the upgrade to 37.0.2000.0 I am getting an "Aw snap" message about one in every three pages that I visit. These are pages that I used to visit frequently and have no problems with other browsers, or when I reverted to the previous version.

I've tried the standard suggestions, including disabling all add-ins.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Adam.
hellish

Post by hellish »

Hi, I updated to the new version, but had to switch to Google Chrome portable, because Sync Feature doesn't work, can't sign it to Google account.
I hope it will be fixed soon. :ironvschrome