IRON FAILS IN NETFLIX - HOW TO FIX IT ?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

A.Fenris

IRON FAILS IN NETFLIX - HOW TO FIX IT ?

Post by A.Fenris »

Edit by Admin:
Workaround for this Problem

HELLO, mr.SRWare programmer:

for the second time, i have asked this question..

details: iron v35, winxp (sp3), both flash avtiveX and plugin versions up to date, silverlight up to date, using zonealarm firewall v13.. anything else you need is available, just ask.

i'm able to connect, select and view a video in low bitrate format with IE v8; however not iron.

iron allows login to site, select video, but then i see "oops, something has gone wrong: N8230" - which seems to be the error code.. cannot find anything on netflix about error codes, program support, etc.

need suggestions to get the last step - viewing video - to work.. what are your suggestions ?

~fenris~
Intel D845PESV / Win XP SP3 / 2GB DDR333 / P4 2.4 GHz / ATI 9700 AGP
A.Fenris

Re: IRON FAILS IN NETFLIX - HOW TO FIX IT ? Update...

Post by A.Fenris »

Hello, mr.SRWare programmer:

Here's an update to my original problem posted in july:

1) the error code N8230 in an internal netflix "general" response to any problem - does nothing.

2) after that, the user is supposed to click a "service code" box, which also does nothing itself, but a 'chat now' box appears with a live tech ( :lol: ) at the other end.. he/she then pretends to hold my hand and sympathize with my predicament, then suggests i switch to firefox..... :lol: not gonna happen.

3) that's it.. either i use my old ie v8 to view movies or wait for a solution on this board.. and yes, i know SRWare has released yet a newer version, but i was kinda hoping not to have to play that game by going with Iron-chrome; isn't that one of its strengths anyway...

patience is not one of my top 10 virtues, so i'm already stretching it to the limit as it is, but i can't believe i'm the only one who uses netflix and Iron and has this problem.. throw me a bone here, anyone :lol:

sincerely,
~a fenris~
Intel D845PESV / Win XP SP3 / 2GB DDR333 / P4 2.4 GHz / ATI 9700 AGP
adilla

Re: IRON FAILS IN NETFLIX - HOW TO FIX IT ?

Post by adilla »

I have the same or similar problem.

Recently occured in Iron 36, and also in most recent version: 38.0.2050.0 (295000)

Netflix Video Player Unavailable

Our apologies - we cannot find the right components to play Netflix on your Chromebook.

Please ensure you are not in a Guest Session or in an Incognito tab.

Also, in chrome://plugins please ensure that both the "Netflix" and the "Widevine Content Decryption Module" plug-ins are enabled and their "Always allowed" setting is checked.

If this problem persists, please clear all Netflix cookies and site data by navigating to chrome://settings/cookies, typing "netflix" in the search box and clicking "Remove all".

If all else fails, please update your Chromebook from the "About Chrome OS" menu.
Error Code: M7355-1203
arflech

Post by arflech »

OP, have you tried the new PPAPI installer for Flash 16? It's intended for browsers like Opera and Yandex browser that are Chromium derivatives but, unlike Chrome, do not come with PPAPI Flash installed and will stop supporting NPAPI plugins this year: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

With that said, if you see that Silverlight and Flash are both enabled (although I think Netflix relies on just Silverlight), chances are that Iron just doesn't have the Widevine Content-Decryption Module, which is a way to enforce streaming DRM.
(I abandoned Iron years ago when Chrome got the webRequest API, so that AdBlock could be just as powerful on Chrome as adblock.ini is in Iron, so I don't know for sure whether Iron now bundles Widevine like Chrome does.)
halcion

Post by halcion »

when is netflix going to be fixed?

waiting on SRWare to make Iron my default browser :!: :?: