New Iron-Version: 36.0.1950.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

RazerAnansi

Re: New Iron-Version: 36.0.1950.0 Stable for Windows

Post by RazerAnansi »

YES ! Everything copied and transferred over perfectly from V.34 portable. (Wasn't able to do this with V.35 portable) All my extensions and FVD Speed Dial is there with all my dials intact. Also I had no problem logging into Google / Gmail / Google +. I'm also Finally able to watch VINE videos on Facebook or anywhere now. Wasn't able to watch before. Great Job !
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
Shakuya

Post by Shakuya »

I always have the same problem : I can't open any link in skype, thunderbird, etc...
It's becoming really annoying.
rodericka

Post by rodericka »

BUG: This version cannot sign in to google account to sync bookmarks, etc...
rodericka

Post by rodericka »

BUG: This version cannot sign in to Google account to sync bookmarks, etc... :oops:
Jerr39

Post by Jerr39 »

Shakuya wrote:I always have the same problem : I can't open any link in skype, thunderbird, etc...
It's becoming really annoying.
I had an issue similar to this too and was frustrated for months before I finally found what caused it. The problem for me occurred when a new version of Iron changed the exe name from “iron.exe” to “chrome.exe.” Windows never updated the new name in the registry, so links wouldn’t work inside other programs because they were trying to use the old exe name. Upon changing the name from “iron.exe” to “chrome.exe” in the registry, the issue was resolved. (If you are uncomfortable with editing the registry, make a backup of the registry before continuing or just avoid it altogether; otherwise, the instructions are below.)

- Open regedit and go down to “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ChromiumHTML\shell\open\command” and rightclick "(Default)" and select modify.

- Under “value data:” Change “iron.exe” to “chrome.exe”

- Do the same in “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ChromiumHTM\shell\open\command” and rightclick "(Default)" and select modify. Change the exe name from “iron.exe” to “chrome.exe”

Hope this solves the problem!
realmister

Post by realmister »

YYZ wrote:Hi,

I downloaded the portable version, and found that I could not login my Google account for personal settings synchronization.
Could you confirm this issue?

Thanks and regards,
YYZ
Same problem here. The Gacc page just refreshes itself when I try to log into my account to syc favs.
AWEdio

Post by AWEdio »

I have been having really serious issues with my browser for some weeks now. It just keeps on hanging and crashing...every hour or so. It is now starting to really irritate me...

Sometimes it tells me flash has failed and asks if I want to stop the process.
Sometimes it tells me that a page has failed and asks me if I want to kill it.
Sometimes it tells me absolutely nothing at all, hangs for about five minutes, then I get a windows pop up telling me it has failed and when I click on close the program, it does not close, the browser and the pop-up just get 'greyed' over and remain on my screen.

Every time it locks up the entire browser, and it takes up to ten minutes to be removed from my task manager processes list! This is what is really annoying me. I cannot do anything at all on-line for ten minutes. I cannot close it, I cannot end it, I cannot do anything for ten minutes until it decides to go away. I always see several instances (equal to the number of tags I have open), I can end all of them except the last one.

I have tried:
Downgrading from v35 to v34.
Upgrading from v35 to v36.
Running as administrator.
Running in Windows 8 compatibility mode.
(I update flash whenever it asks me to do so - I get a pop-up)

I have been using Iron for years now and I have literally never had a problem with it. Until now. I don't know if it is just Windows 8.1, because they have clearly made it utterly impossible to correctly assign a default browser other than IE! Iron is set as my default, but any time I click on an HTML link outside of the browser, windows informs me it is an invalid option i.e. General Failure 'class not registered'.

I would really like to continue using Iron, but if this issue persists I am likely to throw my laptop off the balcony, or start using something like Firefox again.
realmister

Post by realmister »

I solved my problem uninstalling everything then configuring version 34 with my favs/extensions, finally installing the latest version (36) over it all. Everything is running okay now except for the miniprogram which was supposed to make Iron default. It isn't working.

Thanks 4 this great alternative, Mr. Dev. I was really annoyed with chrome sniffing around and messing with my system without my knowledge. The lack of an option to disable auto-update is the worst for me. That's why I came here. Keep the good work.
xDoofy92

Post by xDoofy92 »

I can't login too in Google Account, please fix it.
kreisky

Post by kreisky »

... me to, I can't login Google account to sync :cry:
Windows 7 pro.