IRON Fails on NetFlix - won't play any videos...

Iron Forum for english speaking people

A.Fenris

IRON Fails on NetFlix - won't play any videos...

Post by A.Fenris »

Edit by Admin:
Workaround for this Problem

july 15, 2015

yesterday i had my first crash / failure from Iron.. :( this is the only place where it has failed, and i'm just not able to figure out why..

i can do *all* youtube videos - both those posted by members AND those "purchased" through their studio release system for individual 24-48 hour periods.

recently, i had to update my firewall (zonealarm pro + av) to version 13.1.211.000 because they had a screw-up with the av signature update.. so, basically i had to start all over again with custom permissions for sites and programs.. in v12, i had used their "smart defense" cloud for program permissions and most of my network access went okay - only a few "alerts" of unauthorized outbound program connection attempts, mostly unnecessary anyway.. so, all was well.

this time, so i didn't want to wait the 21 days it takes to "clear" my network access and related programs through their "smart defense", i just set the application control to "max" and did the configuring myself.. that's when i tried to access netflix and started seeing problems..

the user homepage will load, i can select a video, i can see the video page with user reviews, but when i try to launch the video itself there's just a text msg that says "there is a problem; service code N8109" which does nothing and explains nothing.. when i click on their service code "box" the number 587-573 appears but also with no explanation or directions.

anyone else having problems with playing netflix videos or have a solution to mine.

software specs:
win xp (sp3)
IE v8
Iron v35.0.1900.0
zonealarm v13.1.211.000
silverlight v5.1.31024.0
Intel D845PESV / Win XP SP3 / 2GB DDR333 / P4 2.4 GHz / ATI 9700 AGP