How to install extensions on SRWare Iron browser ?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

romaindecarie2

How to install extensions on SRWare Iron browser ?

Post by romaindecarie2 »

Hello. I have been looking around forums and surprisingly I haven't found any tutorial for beginners wishing to install extensions on the SRWare Iron browser.
But don't worry ! I will show you how to do it with simple steps :

1. You need to download the extension in a ".crx" format. To do that, I haven't found any standard way. Just visit http://chrome-extension-downloader.com/ and find your app. It should download fine.

2. Now you have your ".crx" file on your computer. On SRWare Iron, open Setting -> Extensions.

3. Minimize your browser window and navigate to the folder where the ".crx" file is.

4. The trick is to drag and drop the file into Iron, on the Extensions page. Click on the file without releasing the button and drag it on the Iron icon. The focus should go back on the browser. Just drop it on the Extensions page.

5. You should be prompted for installation. There, it's done !

Comment : When I did this, I had the Developer Mode turned on. If it doesn't work, try turning the Developer Mode on (top right corner of the Extensions page)

Good luck !
markaz

Re: How to install extensions on SRWare Iron browser ?

Post by markaz »

I had a total of six (6) extensions that I lost to a corrupted Extensions folder. Tried your method and it worked beautifully for five (5) of them. The only one that will not "install" is Adblock Plus. When I drag the ABP.crx file to the extensions page if get message "Package is invalid: 'CRX_Header_Invalid". Tried Adblock, Adblock Pro, etc and all have the same result.
Can't thank you enough for posting this and if you know of way to get ABP installed that would be great.