rhossack

Re: New Iron-Version: 35.0.1900.0 Stable for Windows

Post by rhossack »

tried installing this version and received the following error message:

Iron rolled back but now doesn't run
oki88

Post by oki88 »

I just downloaded v35.0.1900.0 Portable package. But when I run it, I'm getting Dr.Watson report immediately:

Code: Select all

SRWare Iron
Error Sygnature.       AppName: chrome.exe   AppVer: 35.0.1916.114  ModName: chrome.exe
ModVer: 35.0.1916.114  Offset: 0001549d
Code: 00xc000001d      Flags: 0x0
What's wrong?
Xorgroth

Post by Xorgroth »

Nice release, was hoping for a newer version of Chromium but guess this works just as good. Did have a ton of the flash issues everyone else was having for awhile then realized it was actually caused by Https Everywhere. Disabling that on add-on cleared up a lot of my issues. Which I was able to reproduce it in other versions of Chromium. Some people might want to check out their extensions first if sites work fine in other Chromium releases (Aka Chrome, CoolNovo, Chromium nightly releases, etc.)
Only major things I would like Iron to have is having it use a different folder then Chromium itself in the appdata folder on my pc, the source code of this project (aka links that work) since I just have a general curiosity.

-Xorg
Azrael5

Post by Azrael5 »

all good on XP; some mistakes because of chromium source in hardware acceleration (I don't know if this version use AURA platform.

Jetway pt88bspro-ec|Pentium 4 670|OCZ Platinum DDR400 2x1GB|Sapphire HD3850 AGP|Creative XtremeGamer|Dexxa ps/2|Edifier S550|Asus VB175T|Xp
bugman

Post by bugman »

lylejk wrote:Well, I reverted back; just couldn't handle the Yahoo email nag. lol

:)

What nag? Screenshot ?

Also,

@Agent.

For the next minor update you are probably going to do can you revert this commit in a separate forked version ?
So in other words put out two versions of the next release.

https://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome? ... w=revision

This prevents us from easily turning on many hidden experimental flags that might work right on some sites but not on others like smooth scrolling,
(For the rest of you see "chrome://flags/")

Thanks for the build. I am going to do a backup and give it a try soon.
Ferric Oxide

Post by Ferric Oxide »

I'm not experiencing most of the problems others are having here, but I'm running on 32-bit platforms.

My experience is that Iron 35 will definitely not work with Flash Player 13.0.0.214 (latest) installed. YouTube videos simply stall.

It does work with the last stable Flash Player 11.7.700.279 installed, and some of the past instability has is better as well using the older version of Flash.

Full installers of both the latest and earlier versions of Flash Player are available here (you must use the uninstaller for the version of flash you are using before installing an earlier release):

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... sions.html

My guess is that these troubles started when Google forked the open source rendering engine (WebKit) for Chromium to create Blink (starting with Chrome 28).
dave1972

Post by dave1972 »

The version on the download page is still mentioning v34.
FYI.
LeonLeon

Post by LeonLeon »

I have problem with torrent magnet link. When I click to open magnet link for example on Pirate Bay, nothing happened. Mikro Torrent won't start. Nothing happpened also when start Mikro Torrent first.
Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Dell Laptop.
lylejk

Post by lylejk »

bugman wrote:
lylejk wrote:Well, I reverted back; just couldn't handle the Yahoo email nag. lol

:)

What nag? Screenshot ?

Also,

@Agent.

For the next minor update you are probably going to do can you revert this commit in a separate forked version ?
So in other words put out two versions of the next release.

https://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome? ... w=revision

This prevents us from easily turning on many hidden experimental flags that might work right on some sites but not on others like smooth scrolling,
(For the rest of you see "chrome://flags/")

Thanks for the build. I am going to do a backup and give it a try soon.
Every time I open Yahoo Mail, it stated that Yahoo's detected and incompatible browser and suggests using an alternative. Not going to re-install the new version in order to show you the actual message. For the previous version, I am able to spoof Chrome for Iron and Yahoo's happy. IA.ini hack doesn't work for the new version unfortunately. :)