New Iron-Version: 34.0.1850.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

barabian

Re: New Iron-Version: 34.0.1850.0 Stable for Windows

Post by barabian »

The 34 version of the browser is almost completely unusable becuase of shockwave flash crash.
ja_pizgam

Post by ja_pizgam »

Still there is a problem with the plug AdBlock and YT. When it is enabled (I'm using the latest SRWare Iron), it is available only 360p quality, or you can change the quality, but do not block ads on videos. I note that Google Chrome does not have this problem.
Ferric Oxide

Post by Ferric Oxide »

I've been using Iron for a number of years and occasionally lurking here, but thought I would finally sign up and contribute. The latest version is working for me, but with some stability problems with Flash content (see below). Most of this is at the mercy of the Chromium source, and you can see the complaints over in the development bug reports. It's an ugly mess out there, HTML-5, Blink vs. WebKit, etc., and everyone wishes that Flash would just go away - except for those patented MPEG4 codecs.

One good thing is that the scroll buttons are back, after having been taken away in the last few releases.

1. Flash Player Problems

Some may find that an earlier supported version of Adobe Flash Player might be more stable. Adobe currently supports 13.0.0.206 (4/28/2014) and 11.7.700.279 (4/28/2014).

If you are going to try the 11.7 version make sure you uninstall the later Flash Player with the uninstaller for that version (found in the zip archive), otherwise when you try to install the earlier version it will fail with a message stating that there is a later version available.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... sions.html

2. MMX, SSE, SSE2 Instructions

The latest Iron-version 34.0.1850.0 does indeed refuse to run on machines that do not have the SSE2 instructions. It will install, but refuses to run necessitating dropping back a version or so. You may have to delete your profiles and allow Iron to recreate them in order to get the earlier version to work.

SSE2 was included in Pentium M processors (a Pentium III CPU grafted to a Pentium 4 fsb), and all P4's. P-III's included SSE, and P-II's included MMX. All previous versions of Iron that I've used would run on a Pentium II.

3. Uninstalling Iron - Can only be done on a 64-bit Machine

Not that anyone would want to, but that's the message I got when I tried to uninstall Iron 34.0.1850.0 on a 32-bit (WinXP) machine. The uninstaller seems to only run on a 64-bit machine.

SRWare has the right idea, and the right combination of built-in features like the simple adblock that gets the job done quickly without burdensome addons. The Chromium project just needs to get its act together.
redrocket

Post by redrocket »

lino316 wrote: Try removing flash 13 and installing 12.
Just tested v12...still crashing.
perosmc

Post by perosmc »

It's stable 100%, works flawlessly for me, everything goes blazing fast and smoothly.

Also everything is corrected on this matter with default browser and links shortcuts with your fix viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7721

keep it up at this direction for both your browser and fixes, you're doing great, and after many years of using your software, I've registered only to say thank you and give my user experience.!
reporter

Post by reporter »

eror mssg
not a valid win 32 application

tried 2nd time and got error message from before
ini5o

Post by ini5o »

As with the previous version, it keeps crashing due to flash, but now it's worse. Instead of merely getting the "Shockwave Flash has crashed" prompt, I am now getting the navy "Aw, Snap" page and sometimes the browser just becomes non-responsive.

Switching to Epic or the updated Firefox.
surgom

Post by surgom »

Translator does not work, is there any reason

Luis
deepdream

Post by deepdream »

Speed Dial - "Add Page" option don't working (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jdpbbkikmi). In Previous version no problem.
lylejk

Post by lylejk »

Any work-a-round to the shockwave problem (i.e., another Iron compatible plugin that we can install)? Other then Shockwave issues, all's well. Youtube plays fine which is good. :)