New Iron-Version: 33.0.1800.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

nemesis_sun

Re: New Iron-Version: 33.0.1800.0 Stable for Windows

Post by nemesis_sun »

Hello guys, can anyone tell me whether geolocation is working or disabled in Iron? I would like to use this feature. If it is indeed disabled, is there anyway to re-enable it? Thanks.
Phonemes

Post by Phonemes »

My Iron updated itself overnight while my computer was in stand-by. I had chosen to stay with version 31.1700 because of the many problems with the latest updates, so imagine my surprise when it had updated to version 33.0.1800 this morning. Had Iron suddenly gotten a automatic updater? Also, what is my best strategy for reverting to 31.1700. What data do I back-up to prevent my configuration and user data to get lost?

TIA, Arthur
Azrael5

Post by Azrael5 »

works good on XP (Sp3). I don't know the advantage to use pepper instead of flash player plugin.
Jetway pt88bspro-ec|Pentium 4 670|OCZ Platinum DDR400 2x1GB|Sapphire HD3850 AGP|Creative XtremeGamer|Dexxa ps/2|Edifier S550|Asus VB175T|Xp
Temma

Post by Temma »

Hello

I came back to Iron 30, Flash problems are too irritating for me, and I don't understand what to do with "npapi" and "ppapi".
Bulldog19892

Post by Bulldog19892 »

I unfortunately made the mistake of updating my version of Iron from version 31.0.1700.0 for Windows to this latest version. The browser is now slower, but most importantly Shockwave Flash now crashes constantly. I chose Iron specifically because of it's privacy features and because it was the only private browser that did not have this issue. Iron was meeting every one of needs perfectly, and was the best browser I had ever used. I've been searching for a way to roll back to the older version or a way to re-download my previous version to no avail. I believe it is generally a good practice to leave older versions up for compatibility issues or things like this. Is there any way I can roll back to my previous version, or is there a way to fix this issue?

(Before you ask, disabling Shockwave or Flash in the chrome://plugins menu does not work on this computer)
Derek

Post by Derek »

sky2nite wrote:
wafthrudnir wrote:Links from thunderbird email client still do not open the browser nor do the load the page if the browser is already open.
again back with firefox for system default. :cry:
Just set Firefox as default browser and close it, start Iron as Administrator set as default browser and all links from Thunderbird will be opened by Iron.
This suggested fix did not work for me.
DesElms

Re: Making FLASH stop crashing... at least in IRON PORTABLE

Post by DesElms »

ADDENDUM
DesElms wrote:So, then, my IRON-PORTABLE-launching shortcut string looks exactly like this...

"P:\IronPortable\IronPortable.exe" --ppapi-flash-path=P:\PepFlash\pepflashplayer.dll --ppapi-flash-version=12.0.0.70
I apologize: Whenever the path to the IronPortable.exe file involves a virtual drive created using the "Subst" command or equivalent (which is what the earlier-referred-to Visual Subst app essentially does), Windows will sometimes refuse to allow there to be double-quotes around it in the shortcut. When so, then, the actual string in the shortcut would be...

P:\IronPortable\IronPortable.exe --ppapi-flash-path=P:\PepFlash\pepflashplayer.dll --ppapi-flash-version=12.0.0.70

...rather than how I originally wrote it in my previous post. My bad for not remembering to include that in said post.
Gregg L. DesElms
Napa, California USA
gregg at greggdeselms dot com
Phonemes

Post by Phonemes »

Phonemes wrote:My Iron updated itself overnight while my computer was in stand-by.
I just discovered the update actually happened because Secunia recently added Iron to its update scanner database. This still leaves me with a version that isn't working well for me. Can anyone tell me what's the best method for going back to version 31? What files and folders do I back up before installing version 33? I suppose saving the whole Chromium user folder under app data might mess things up. But I would like to save at least my favorites, configuration and passwords, so I could copy them back to the 31 installation.

Thanks in advance, Arthur
das boot

Post by das boot »

What is the fix for the "Class not registered" problem? Why is it still a problem?
Sepe

Post by Sepe »

Straight after upgrading I noticed the browser does not open HPPT or HTTPS links from other programs. Then I noticed the Flash crashes. I tried to downgrade to a previous version I finally managed to find (where are the older versions??) but after installing noticed, that it is not possible to use the profile anymore because it was "set for a newer version" (why???). And in addition that version did not open the links also.. This newest "stable" built is a really sad disaster for the common user. The browser has been so good this far and I'm really disappointed :(. Please release a fixed version asap, thanks!