New Iron-Version: 33.0.1800.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Guy19550

Re: New Iron-Version: 33.0.1800.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Guy19550 »

Thanks a lot, I have read some messages and in my case Adblock is working good (I don't use the plus version)

"Known issues:
- only 8 thumbnail previews, will be fixed soon"

I need 12, tomorrow ?

- Bug-/Securityfixes
- improved performance
- Youtube problems fixed

I confirm crashes with youtube and others and hopely I can access Bloomberg news again.

Could you kill "Applications" from the layout, too Google...

I removed Google browers from all my PC's weeks ago and JAVA too because I had crasy responses with Google browser !!!

Guy
Tallpaultn

Post by Tallpaultn »

I like SRWare Iron Brower a lot, but I think perhaps the developers need to spend more "baking time" working out glitches before releasing new versions in the future. It seems that I have finally, after lots of wheeling & dealing, been able to get version 33.0.1800.0 working as it should on WinVista SP2. But I sincerely hope I don't have to go through so much hassle in the future when the browser is updated. :)
redapple

Post by redapple »

What was the reason of renaming main executable to chrome.exe? I'm very curious about that.
sorry for my english, but im pretty sure is much better than your polish or deutsch <:
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Besides the fact that some(most) of my extensions won't work in 'incognito' mode, I won't get back into an 'administrator' situation that requires a bunch of crap to do before the 'latest update' works right.
Could the Flash problems be because a lot of users also have Flash install for other non-MSIE browsers?
I know i have Flash for the Firefox browsers and it is also called by my email client(Thunderbird) if needed.
As with all of my other NON-MSIE plugins, Flash is installed in it's own folder, and called by the browser(s) [as they should be] and not part of the application.

@Temma>> Maybe a bit of reading in these search links will help to understand npapi versus ppapi. But if things were working as they should you shouldn't need to do a study of the damned things.
npapi https://startpage.com/do/search?query=n ... ge=english
ppapi https://startpage.com/do/search?query=p ... ge=english
Sepe

Post by Sepe »

Also new incognito window from taskbar-icon is not working. Any ideas?
lylejk

Post by lylejk »

redapple wrote:What was the reason of renaming main executable to chrome.exe? I'm very curious about that.
Site compatibility issues is my understanding. I'm actually finding it better to just spoof websites into thinking Iron is Chrome. :)
bugman

Post by bugman »

Lagun wrote:
bugman wrote:
Lagun wrote:I think it's have problem only 32 but new vesion 33 have same problem
adblock plus and idm Something does not work
SRWare iron it great but adblock plus can't block video ads,i try other browser such comodo dragon it work.
http://files.upit.me/1393530062.png
i can't download with idm some web,especially embed google video in website,i try other browser such comodo dragon it work.

however i think SRWare iron is best and it smooth,fast,low memory and stability.
You could try using a pixel server if your router supports DD-WRT or OpenWRT.
Its very easy to setup and there are video tutorials and very well written guides how to do it.
Explain please,i want to more detail and video tutorials.
thank you very much :D :D

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO GET RID OF ADDS ON YOUTUBE

http://www.howtogeek.com/51477/how-to-r ... on-dd-wrt/

or

https://spoi.com/software/yto/

But, If you can i recommend you use both!

Also recommend Flashblock since Pepper is proprietary and controlled by google so there is no way of knowing if or not it carries unique identifiers.

Get flashblock here : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bcaignabnl
Then go into the options of the extension and set it to block silverlight as well if you want.
bugman

Post by bugman »

Just wanted to include some initial thoughts about build 33 since i just started using it more avidly in the last few days.

First bugs:

I noticed that when left or right mouse clicking anywhere within a PDF this will trigger a page crash.

I also noticed that using the "Knew Tab" chrome extension i can't go back to the default page or trigger apps from it anymore.

If i recall corectly this wasn't a issue in the previous version. But can't be sure.

The new build also seems a lot fast and smoother. I do however notice more frequent random crashes with the browser all around.

I'm confident however that these bugs can be crushed for build 34 :) :ironvsff
parafernalia

Post by parafernalia »

Still cant open links from outside of the browser...very annoying slowly..
parafernalia

Post by parafernalia »

yuu wrote:somehow I cant post my comment here.

-Please remove "Application" on the left of bookmark bar.

-I usually keep uncheck in translation because I dont want translation bar take space. but when I want to translate some other language. need to go to 三 → Setting → check box to translate.
I want translation check box is the highest area of Setting at least. or next to 三
This! Please remove it..its annoying!