Aplications cant open Iron

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Aplications cant open Iron

Postby Espantallo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:43 pm

When i push a button on the programs for update and when a program need open iron my Iron dont open.

Anybody may help me?

Iron is my default browser.

Sorry for my english i am spanish.

Re: Applications can't open Iron

Postby pepe0001 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:50 pm

I'm having the same issue with version 32.x.

Links from emails and other applications that normally open the default browser are opening Iron or opening a new tab. Any workaround?

Re: Aplications cant open Iron

Postby Txrenegaderebel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:08 am

I have the same problem. Since I upgraded to the newest version, clicking on any hyperlink or buttons like in Outlook will not open a browser window like it used to. I went through and made sure Iron is set as default browser and a bunch of other things. I happened to have an old installation file for iron (release: 29:1600:1:0) I uninstalled the newest version and installed this one. I was able to click on links and other buttons and it would open as it should. This version however would not save my passwords like it used too, so i upgraded to the newest version again and now I'm back to no browser opening when clicking on hyperlinks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this feature back?

Postby Hermitman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Bump! I got the exact same problem. If someone sends me a link on Skype chrome wont open it.
Other browsers works fine.

Postby Softlinksys » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:22 am

I have a similar problem since upgrading to the latest version from V25. If I click any .htm or .html link Iron does not open. Nothing happens at all. Even the the activation link for this forum wouldn't open. I had to copy and paste the link into to the address bar in the Browser. Iron will have to go unless I can get this resolved!

Postby laf0rce » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:59 am

Bumping with hopes that this will be fixed.

I've had this issue for about a year with no true fix. I had a hunch it was due to an update but it took me forever to find this thread.

Like the previous post, Iron's going in the trash unless there's a fix; as this is a very hindering glitch.

Postby MJ5150 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:00 am

I am on Iron 36.0.1950 now, but this is still an issue. When I click on a hyperlink in Outlook, nothing happens. I downloaded Comodo Dragon and set that as my default browser. When I click on Outlook hyperlinks, they open in Dragon. The issue appears to me to be related to Iron.

Is this something that cab be fixed in Iron?

Return to “SRWare Iron Support (English)”