How do I add ixquick to the list?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Mulewright

How do I add ixquick to the list?

Post by Mulewright »

When I downloaded the latest version of Iron today I could not find a way to add isquick to the list.
I did find out how to delete from the list however.
Guidance / suggestions?
Thanks!
Mulewright

Re: How do I add ixquick to the list?

Post by Mulewright »

Nope, doesn't work... no "Toolbar"s on my unit... only the three horizontal bars that open up the Menu options, where I have tried the Tools and Settings Both.
I can find the proper tab under Settings / to Search... it list them there but will not allow me to "Add" a search engine.
It will allow me to delete any I want but, not "Add" one.
That is my problem.
Mulewright

Post by Mulewright »

I finally got it to take the information but it will not add it to the top section so that I can Select it as a browser....
After 2 1/2 hrs. fooling with it, time to ask for more suggestions... please.
:oops:
tickedoff

Post by tickedoff »

Some of the ones listed in the lower section "Other Search Engines" can be set as the default. And I was able to do that with Ixquick. First add it by following the instructions on the Ixquick site. And it will be shown in that lower section. Then hover the mouse over it, and you should see a clickable blue button: "Make Default". I don't know exactly what distinguishes which ones can be made default, but Ixquick is one of several that can. Be sure you set it up per the Ixquick instructions and you should be good to go.
jackscagnetti1

Post by jackscagnetti1 »

it took me a while to figure out you need "%s" at the end of your search link or it just wouldn't take..
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Go to https://startpage.com/ there you can add it as your home page, AND add it to your search list.
I don't think you will find a more secure search engine.
Read the disclaimer when you mouse over the 'Details' under the 'Enhanced by Google' crap.
YES it uses Google search, NO it doesn't cal home every time you use it.
Again, read the disclaimer.

EDIT> My settings for Search has only one search engine in it. Startpage!