New Iron-Version: 26.0.1450.1 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

oki88

Re: New Iron-Version: 26.0.1450.0 Stable for Windows

Post by oki88 »

My first impressions with new Iron v26:

1. All menu (including both Forward and Back histories) have increased space between text lines, making menu look longer. With the new screens, that have less vertical space than before, it creates a problem. Can we return that back? Each font is designed to have specific height, the space between its lines... Why to brake that now?

2. When I launch Iron with this command line (target in shortcut):

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\IronPortable\Iron\iron.exe" -single-process -user-data-dir="C:\Iron\p" http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php 
and then click "About Iron" item in its menu - Iron crashes. It was not this way before...

If I remove link form the command line, now Iron will not crash, but I can't login then (or make any post)... It's weird
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

OK, this one works as it should with my profiles, but the black bar is still present across the top when moving the window with a page loading. Especially the initial page at Iron start. In standard and incognito both.

NEXT>>> How the heck do I change all the extremely white context panels back to the pleasant gray that has been there forever?
Is there a place for a css file that has some better colors for the browser and it's context panels?
cheese

Post by cheese »

Sync does not work!
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

ironuser wrote:OK, this one works as it should with my profiles, but the black bar is still present across the top when moving the window with a page loading. Especially the initial page at Iron start. In standard and incognito both.

NEXT>>> How the heck do I change all the extremely white context panels back to the pleasant gray that has been there forever?
Is there a place for a css file that has some better colors for the browser and it's context panels?
AND>>> Decrease the spacing between the context panel items. The spacing is WAY large compared to the previous version(s).
Also the bookmark folders and items as well. The text has grown to where things have significantly crawled off the bottom of the screen with this release.
lexa77

Post by lexa77 »

cheese wrote:Sync does not work!
Confirm!!!

Post by 876974 »

This BUG is all users this version Browser.
Wait Fixed Browser version
gever

Post by gever »

Some will consider it a feature... :D
Google >= evil :ironvschrome
Manide

Post by Manide »

RAM usage rises to 100%*** while open chrome://extensions page and Iron freezes. Does anyone face this problem too?

***Two iron.exe processes, ~50% each.
ironmarty

Post by ironmarty »

ironuser wrote: Decrease the spacing between the context panel items. The spacing is WAY large compared to the previous version(s).
Also the bookmark folders and items as well..
This! ..Please!!
bedoncity

Post by bedoncity »

Hello world!

I've just created an account here so that I can post about my problem, which prevents me from using Iron correctly :(

But first of all, I'd like to thank SRWare team for their work! I know and use Iron for a while (almost from the beginning), it's a great alternative to those who don't want to be involved in some privacy matters with Google ;)

Now, my trouble :(

Maybe people who will read me have already heard about this matter... Especially if they're running under Windows 8, which is my case, I'm using the 32 bit Pro version.
The thing is, the trouble appeared since Iron 25 is still here... The "class not registered" error. Because of this, I can't launch the browser from the Superbar :| Also, I cannot choose Iron as my default browser. I read that this trouble has been corrected in Chromium/Chrome 26. And this noon, I've just read a post from SRWare which explains that the latest Iron for Windows uses a Chromium 27 build!

So, is this some regression, or is this a build which had been released right before the fix has been applied or something like that?

Moreover, I don't think it's a bad idea using another build, but I don't think it's a good idea to name it Iron 26, it's not really correct according to the used build, maybe you should consider renaming it?

Also, it seems I'm not the only who cannot use the Sync feature :(

Please, SRWare team, considerer trying to see if you can correct those bugs (using another build? Apply fixes to the current? Using a 26 build?), it'd be great if I can use Iron correctly again :D

Otherwise, keep this good work of yours up!

Best regards

P.S: my apologies if I made a language mistake, I'm French! Besides, sorry if I forget to respect some forum rules!
French guy here, so excuse me if I make some mistakes!