How to configure CrapCleaner to Clean Iron Browser

Iron Forum for english speaking people

searchlight

How to configure CrapCleaner to Clean Iron Browser

Post by searchlight »

I use CCleaner to clean all the junk from my browsers FF, IE, Opera, etc.

I was using Google Chrome which CCleaner automatically recognized and cleaned, too.

However, it does not recognize the Iron Browser.

CCleaner has manual options. Could someone tell me how to configure CCleaner manually to clean Iron?

Thanks.
InsTeR

Re: How to configure CrapCleaner to Clean Iron Browser

Post by InsTeR »

try read here :
http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/suje ... s-ccleaner

if you want translation, i try in english ;)
searchlight

Post by searchlight »

Thanks for the reply.

I found the English translation this morning.
controlfreak

Post by controlfreak »

I tried to get CCleaner to clean Iron but can't get it to do so.

I have CCleaner 2.25.1025. I went into Programs and made a text file named Winapp2.ini (so the CCleaner Program folder now has four items: Lang, CCleaner, Uninst, and the Winapp2.ini file). Then I placed the following information in that file:

[Internet Cache]
Section=SRWare Iron
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exe
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*

[Cookies]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Cookies

[Internet History]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|*History*
FileKey2=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Thumbnails
FileKey3=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Visited Links

[Current Session]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Current*

[Last Session]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Last*

[Form Data]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Web Data

But even after closing CCleaner and restarting the computer it still does not show Iron in the CCleaner Applications (or anywhere else). Suggestions ? (Besides just waiting for CCleaner to get around to adding Iron natively.)
alloy-j

Post by alloy-j »

controlfreak, have you tried that again with the newer 2.26 version?
It works here, the headers that you have in brackets show up in CCleaner.
I copied the instruction set from the link above, rt clicked in the Program Files (x86) \ CClean folder to make new text file, named it Winapp2.ini .
When I saved it the file had that gear on it that showed it was a configuration settings file.
controlfreak

Post by controlfreak »

alloy-j wrote:controlfreak, have you tried that again with the newer 2.26 version?
It works here, the headers that you have in brackets show up in CCleaner.
I copied the instruction set from the link above, rt clicked in the Program Files (x86) \ CClean folder to make new text file, named it Winapp2.ini .
When I saved it the file had that gear on it that showed it was a configuration settings file.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion ! It's working now ! :D As it happens I also got a new custom-built computer last week (Windows 7). So maybe something about my older computer was also contributing to the problem.
curlin

Post by curlin »

I'm using this setup but need some help as i have some issues.

Firstly, i have to "tick" cache and temp internet files to clean "only" (other options blank) because it erases the settings i've changed in "options/default search engines" Any search engines i've added and made default will be removed and all original search engines restored if i use all cleaning settings. Secondly, again with just cache and internet files ticked to clean, all the favicons (images) on left side of the list of sites i've bookmarked in the bookmarks folder are "removed" every single time.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
TwistydMorticia

Post by TwistydMorticia »

I know this is an old-ish post BUT now I am using SRWare Iron regularly I went in search of an answer and sure enough I found one over at CCleaner's forum:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?sho ... ntry139463

they work perfectly with SRWare Iron 4.0.280 - it even adds it's own entry complete with title! I am using Win XP home, although I had to manually add a line to clear the media cache.

Hope this helps and I do hope they add Iron to CCleaner as I love it much more than chrome and Fx :ironvsff if not we will have to add it manually, that said all winapp2 entries must now be copied and pasted :? explains why over there.

~Twistyd Morticia :ironvsff falling in love with Iron
mazeem1234

Post by mazeem1234 »

Hi,
it's very great informative stuff shared here useful one for many others who needs this kind of stuff,…
i appreciate this effort,..
best regards,..
azeem