Now that SRWare Iron is no longer support on Snow Leopard, you can run Chromium which DOES support Snow Leopard. I recommend using a Chromium installation & update tool called Chromatic. You can download it here: http://mrgeckosmedia.com/applications/info/Chromatic
What Chromatic will do is keep your Chromium installation up-to-date for you. You will need to manage the privacy settings yourself, but once set they shouldn't change. Go to your Chromium settings:
(1) Make sure you do not automatically "Sign In" to Chromium with any Google accounts.
(2) Turn off "Omnibox" under the Search setting.
(3) Change from using Google for search to Ixquick. https://www.ixquick.com/
(4) Under "Advanced Settings" click the "Content Settings" and set your cookie preferences
(5) Uncheck all 5 boxes under the "Privacy Settings" in "Advanced Settings".
(6) Install the Ghostery extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/ghostery
(7) Install the Adblock etension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/adblock
Its too bad SRWare has dropped support for Snow Leopard, but we do have other options. Using Chromium/Chromatic is one of them.
Many thanks to SRWare for giving us Iron. We loved it while it lasted.