New Iron-Version: 24.0.1350.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

oki88

Re: New Iron-Version: 24.0.1350.0 Stable for Windows

Post by oki88 »

I can confirm your observation, that balloon tips (tag - "acronym") stop working. I've noticed that on sites, that heavily rely on it, and then tested with local HTML files... In all cases Iron failed to show tips.

I noticed, that v23 started crashing on some specific sites (especially if I run Iron in single process mode). Fortunately it looks like the bug was fixed in v24 though. Knocking on the wood... ;)

I saw, that the bug with visited links was fixed in the latest stable Chrome. It's be nice if we get that build too :)
lexa77

Post by lexa77 »

Some pages do not open at the moment. Instead of picture I see white page. For example: http://www.meteo-gid.ru.
In order to open the page, I must click on blank page by my mouse-and I see the picture.
PLS test it!
user36

Post by user36 »

Tips do not work in bookmarks.
Please fix the bug.
ChromiumLover

Post by ChromiumLover »

mapx wrote:
ChromiumLover wrote:
tony wrote:This is no better than v23 Tooltips still doesnt work nor the bookmark added drop down menu!!!!! Im going back to v22
Slightly better than v23 in that it accepts being default browser and lets me choose Chromium for http: requests but still the tooltips don't work. Sigh, back to v22 again.
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... ?id=128527
Hi "mapx", the link you posted to code.google.com etc, was that to inform me or suggesting I should report the issue there?
mapx

Post by mapx »

@chromiumlover
to inform you ... it's a chromium problem, not a specifically iron one
mapx

Post by mapx »

@lexa77
white page ? Its working for me. Are you using some specific adblock filters ?
ChromiumLover

Post by ChromiumLover »

mapx wrote:@chromiumlover
Ta. I tried reporting it to that thread, and was told it was closed and that it should be reported to iron forums. Not sure what and how to do aside from posting here.
colos

Post by colos »

Re "This is no better than v23 Tooltips still doesnt work nor the bookmark added drop down menu!!!!! Im going back to v22"

Hello Developer Team,

Unfortunately I do have to reconfirm the above, the "add to favs" dropdown box is not really working, it is not listing your fav folders... the same bug existed in v23 as well but remained in this v24 too... :-( It makes me thinking on switching to Chrome back :-(

Also I do really miss the "delete history" on exit option (with detailed setting options).

Also, I would recommend to include an OPTIONAL (set to disabled as default) automatic and manual update feature. But at least a check for update menu point... simple home users will NOT check back to your website time by time to see if you uploaded an update or not.... so that most of the hme users will not get the latest Iron experience and security/features to stay competitive vs Chrome...
lexa77

Post by lexa77 »

mapx wrote:@lexa77
white page ? Its working for me. Are you using some specific adblock filters ?
No specific. It is interesting...
When I write adress in adress line, all works fine.
But when page is in bookmarks, blank page opens.
In 23 version all right...
Go back to 23...
mapx

Post by mapx »

ChromiumLover wrote:
mapx wrote:@chromiumlover
Ta. I tried reporting it to that thread, and was told it was closed and that it should be reported to iron forums. Not sure what and how to do aside from posting here.
someone else opened a new issue about tooltips
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... 1359045519

but the developers said only chromium / chrome are supported (not derivates like iron), still open that issue ... will see ...