New Iron-Version: 23.0.1300.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

bugman

Re: New Iron-Version: 23.0.1300.0 Stable for Windows

Post by bugman »

Does the following link/page crash for anyone else ?

Code: Select all

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/605616-samsung-galaxy-s3-bluetooth-connectivity-subaru-other-blue-tooth-enabled-vehicles.html
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

debroos wrote:Thanks ironuser

Properties on the Iron icon only offers the path to the exe file. There's no mention of the user data path. V23 is the first time I've had any bookmark problems.
Does this mean you found your user data? And that you put it in your desktop shortcut? If not, the user data should be in a location similar to what I posted above. If you have not changed it, or made a new one, it will probably be called 'default'.
vee2

Post by vee2 »

I've noticed the Linux version is using PAK files for linked libraries and that the Windows version includes the PAK files but are not referenced as some objects (such as the "new_tab_theme.css") is embedded into the iron.dll file vs the linux version is embedded in the "chrome.pak" file. I took a look at the latest Chrome install and noticed it does not even include the "chrome.pak" file.
I would enjoy seeing the Windows resources using a pak file if at all possible.

Thanks
bugman

Post by bugman »

While i still believe iron to be one of the best browsers in the known world.

This has caught my eye http://ctrlv.in/139801 , has anyone else noticed iron since version 20 starting to use an exorbitant amount more memory ?
I'm cool with a small bit of contraction and expansion however this looks like memory usage has skyrocketed since iron 20 over 200%.
Also noticing far more crashes since iron 20 as well. Note that I have 4gb of usable memory on this particular machine.
debroos

Post by debroos »

Does this mean you found your user data? And that you put it in your desktop shortcut? If not, the user data should be in a location similar to what I posted above. If you have not changed it, or made a new one, it will probably be called 'default'.
No - there's no sign of user data under properties. I wouldn't know where to find it to add it to the shortcut. The desktop shortcut I have is that which the installation put on the desktop. Its target is simply to the Srwareiron exe file which is inside the srwareiron folder. I couldn't find anything called user data in there, nor anything that smacks of default :?
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

buster wrote:Problem with this very new version is adding a bookmark (Ctrl+D) the drop down bookmark "folder" is broken. clicking the arrow does nothing.
I'm having the same problem.
bugman

Post by bugman »

There seems to be an issue where I can't stop(cancel) a download from the main downloads page when that download was in incognito mode
debroos

Post by debroos »

The drop down bookmark problem has now paled into insignificance with the refusal of Iron to open at all. It is now only capable of crashing - I can't open it all :cry:
buster

Post by buster »

debroos wrote:The drop down bookmark problem has now paled into insignificance with the refusal of Iron to open at all. It is now only capable of crashing - I can't open it all :cry:
I am back to Firefox! Will stay until they get their s*&* together.
mapx

Post by mapx »

debroos wrote:The drop down bookmark problem has now paled into insignificance with the refusal of Iron to open at all. It is now only capable of crashing - I can't open it all :cry:
try to create a new profile

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/an ... wer=142059

"Google\Chrome" will be "Chromium" for iron browser