Working or not working and why.

Iron Forum for english speaking people

iSteppenwolf

Working or not working and why.

Post by iSteppenwolf »

Messages suggest that Adobe Flash Plugin is not working. Not loading? Not turned on? Not compatible?

I am not sure.

Here: http://www.srware.net/forum/search.php? ... dobe+flash there are a few suggestions.

This one seemed to make the most sense but following the instructions changes nothing.
Re: Flash issue in latest version
go to the adobe site and install from there
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect
uncheck the mcafee crap

Maybe it is the specifics of my computer windows Vista 64bit HP Pavillion dv7 intel centrino But can't this whole process be less a mystery than it is? How much information does it take to create a panel with a list of programs, features, plug-in's etc etc that are marked: there or not there, on or off? Why create something that works best with something
( Adobe Flash for instance ) and make it so crazy to set into motion?

It's not just this plug-in that shows up wrapped in a mystery and maybe I'm not smart enough to understand why developers don't take the time and effort to make it a smooth and easy transition.

Waiting for the enlightenment.
flashworks

Re: Working or not working and why.

Post by flashworks »

Just created this account with hope of helping others that have problems with their flash player. First I need to say this issue got serious after upgrading from 22.0.1250.0 to 23.0.1300.0 version of SRware Iron. I was not able to play most videos on Youube, telling me it cannot find the flash player plug-in. The first steps I have followed were, naturally, reinstalling the adobe flash player and srware but with no success. Deleted all registry keys and traces from computer and reinstalled, the same result. And today I found out my version of Java was '' version 6 update 27'' . So AFTER UPDATING JAVA to v. 7 update 9, latest version, no more flash player warning messagges and youtube / Hulu working again for me. I think this is related to the latest chrome version, it does not support outdated Java. Hope this helps somone ;).