Iron as DefaultBrowser - Tool

Iron Forum for english speaking people

corymar

Re: Iron as DefaultBrowser - Tool

Post by corymar »

Z3ddy wrote:doesn't work on windows 8.1, any fix ?
Hi!

I've managed to copy and adjust Google Chrome registration information from registry for SRWare Iron.
Now it shows in Set Default programs list and file associations and protocols are registered in me Windows 8.1/
Attached please find an archive with 2 registry files, one for 64-bit, another for 32-bit Windows 8.1.

Please note that I'm Russian and there is a description field in Russian for "ApplicationDescription" field in files.
Therefore don't forget to adjust it to your language before applying the reg files.

I'm not sure about the correctness of "InstallInfo" branch values, but if chrome.exe startup parameters are compatible with the ones that original Google Chrome uses, It's ok.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sonsonalex

Post by sonsonalex »

corymar wrote:
Z3ddy wrote:doesn't work on windows 8.1, any fix ?
Hi!

I've managed to copy and adjust Google Chrome registration information from registry for SRWare Iron.
Now it shows in Set Default programs list and file associations and protocols are registered in me Windows 8.1/
Attached please find an archive with 2 registry files, one for 64-bit, another for 32-bit Windows 8.1.

Please note that I'm Russian and there is a description field in Russian for "ApplicationDescription" field in files.
Therefore don't forget to adjust it to your language before applying the reg files.

I'm not sure about the correctness of "InstallInfo" branch values, but if chrome.exe startup parameters are compatible with the ones that original Google Chrome uses, It's ok.

Regards
Work fine on Win 8.1 86x
Thanks finally something :D
sarvesh

Post by sarvesh »

run defaultbrowser.exe file with compatibility settings of windows 7.
it will solve problem for all windows 8 n 8.1 users
MachoChief

Post by MachoChief »

Hello !

I have managed to get SRWare Iron in default browser. Opening browser in "Run as administrator" and then just going settings re-check "set Iron as default browser". Always worked for me :ironvschrome
jebec

Post by jebec »

Hi,
I did that (copy set as default to the SRWare folder...GO but without result!)
any way Iron runs very well and quickly
kind regards
jebec
dbiapett

Post by dbiapett »

doesn't work on windows 8.1, any fix ?
devil1979

Post by devil1979 »

unlend wrote:Default browser fix. Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1.
Find iron.exe, right click, run as administrator.

Using windows 10, this one speaks the truth.
livic

Post by livic »

unlend wrote:Default browser fix. Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1.
Find iron.exe, right click, run as administrator.
Right, find iron.exe, DO NOT click on the iron icon in the start menu, which runs something called chrome.exe, which for whatever doesn't work for this procedure (for me at least!!), running iron.exe as administrator directly from the iron folder did it for me. YMMV. :roll:
Hotcakes

Post by Hotcakes »

On a clean install of Iron 45 on Windows 10, none of these methods appear to work any more. The tool does nothing, running iron.exe as Admin with Windows 7 compatibility makes Iron *think* it is selected as the Default browser (but isn't) and just running it normally (or as Admin) and clicking the usual 'make default' button in Settings brings up the Win10 Settings App which shows no default browser (though it uses Edge as default) and clicking on that list brings up the options of Edge and looking in the Store for another App (I have uninstalled IE).

So I guess there's a registry entry or some sort of registration Iron needs to perform during install for Windows 10 to recognise it (although all of this works just fine from another machine which upgraded to Windows 10 while Iron was already installed)? Anyone have any tips?
Hotcakes

Post by Hotcakes »

This problem persists with Iron v46 :(