New Iron-Version: 22.0.1250.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

2pips

Re: New Iron-Version: 22.0.1250.0 Stable for Windows

Post by 2pips »

Thanks a lot !
v.22 allows pop-up windows to be open at such sites like intel.com or asus.com while v.21 doesn't.
captivater

Post by captivater »

Consistently great.

Thanks.
atlass

Post by atlass »

demoneye wrote:
atlass wrote:New version doesnt work (windows XP 32 bit).I can only see tabs and blank light blue screen. Cant go even to options, since it gives same blank blue screen. :cry:
weird , i check it on my VM , same xp 32 , and its run ok , nothing you mention happen :o
This is what I get :( I have tried clean install etc. cleaned registry, tried different folders and all kinds of stuff, but always same result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmdbox

Post by jmdbox »

GreaT i have been waiting on this! Works wonderfully thanks so much. :ironvschrome
RikkyRicardo

Post by RikkyRicardo »

Twitter.com is working for me now since this update...Thanks !
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

atlass wrote:
demoneye wrote:
atlass wrote:New version doesnt work (windows XP 32 bit).I can only see tabs and blank light blue screen. Cant go even to options, since it gives same blank blue screen. :cry:
weird , i check it on my VM , same xp 32 , and its run ok , nothing you mention happen :o
This is what I get :(
Try to start Iron with
--disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --disable-accelerated-compositing --disable-webgl

You can create a shortcut to add the parameters at the end of iron.exe
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

WillWont wrote:I currently have Iron 21 portable on my XP. Can this be updated to 22 portable, or do I have to start from the beginning.

Thanks for any info.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1657/upd ... -easy-way/
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
dineaca

Post by dineaca »

Hello,

First of all, very good job with this Chromium based browser and its privacy related enhancements.
I have two questions for you (the SRWare Iron creators):
- can you tell us the reason why you didn't remove from this version (22.0.1250) a privacy threatening feature of Chromium like the option to allow/not allow sites to ask me when them requires access to my camera and microphone (see chrome://chrome/settings/content -> Media) ? This feature was not present in the previous version even if it existed in the official Chromium browser.
- wouldn't be nice a privacy enhancement feature like an option to enable/disable the installing of external extensions like the ones installed by the third party programs? There are software packages which can install automatically (without your knowledge) chrome extensions which can monitor the sites you visit, get accounts informations, etc. As I am aware, you should modify the Chromium code in such a way that it ignores a registry entry where the paths of this external extensions are specified.

Thanks ! :ironvschrome
Mrlopez87

Post by Mrlopez87 »

New version doesnt work (windows XP 32 bit).I can only see tabs and blank light blue screen. Cant go even to options, since it gives same blank blue screen. :cry:

This is what I get :(
umm, That's strange. You need to download CCleaner at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds
download a Portable or installer. It's up to you. I preferred to download Portable.
Open CCleaner >> click "Registry" tab on the left... click "Scan for Issues" button then click "Fix select issues" and clean it all errors.
if there is still not working... Please close CCleaner.
You need to find a "CCleaner" folder in "Program File" folder or portable folder and find a "ccleaner.ini" file
Open it with Notepad and copy all text begin with "Exclude1.......TO ....Include1......"
-----------------For Windows 7/Vista Only---------------------------------------
----------------------Copy Below-------------------------------------------------

Exclude1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\|Bookmarks
Exclude2=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\|Bookmarks.bak
Exclude3=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\User StyleSheets\|Custom.css
Exclude4=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache\|index
Exclude5=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\databases\|Databases.db
Exclude6=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\databases\|Databases.db-journal
Exclude7=PATH|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Extensions\|*.*|RECURSE
Exclude8=PATH|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\File System\|*.*|RECURSE
Exclude9=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Local Storage\|chrome-extension_cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb_0.localstorage
Exclude10=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Local Storage\|chrome-extension_cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb_0.localstorage-journal
Exclude11=PATH|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Media Cache\|index
Exclude12=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\|Preferences
Exclude13=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\|README
Exclude14=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\|Visited Links
Exclude15=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\|Certificate Revocation Lists
Exclude16=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\|chrome_shutdown_ms.txt
Exclude17=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\|Local State
Include1=PATH|%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\|*.*|RECURSE

------------------For Windows XP Only----------------------------------------
----------------------Copy Below---------------------------------------------

Exclude1=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\|Bookmarks
Exclude2=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\|Bookmarks.bak
Exclude3=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\User StyleSheets\|Custom.css
Exclude4=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache\|index
Exclude5=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\databases\|Databases.db
Exclude6=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\databases\|Databases.db-journal
Exclude7=PATH|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\Extensions\|*.*|RECURSE
Exclude8=PATH|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\File System\|*.*|RECURSE
Exclude9=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\Local Storage\|chrome-extension_cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb_0.localstorage
Exclude10=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\Local Storage\|chrome-extension_cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb_0.localstorage-journal
Exclude11=PATH|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\Media Cache\|index
Exclude12=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\|Preferences
Exclude13=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\|README
Exclude14=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\|Visited Links
Exclude15=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\|Certificate Revocation Lists
Exclude16=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\|chrome_shutdown_ms.txt
Exclude17=FILE|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\|Local State
Include1=PATH|%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\|*.*|RECURSE

---------------------------------------------------END-------------------------------------------------------------------
Paste it in notepad and save it, close it. Reopen CCleaner > click "Analyze" button then click "Run Cleaner"

If it's still not working, you need to add "--disable-gpu" flag.
Right click on "SRWare Iron" icon on desktop >>> Click "Properties"
Look like this...

Do you have any further questions?

Hope this will help.
8-) :D :)
Windows 10 Pro x64
SRWare Iron Portable (64-bit)
16GB DDR4 Memory
256GB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4
Mrlopez87

Post by Mrlopez87 »