Version 109.0.5550.0 problems, how to go back?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

drivable21

Version 109.0.5550.0 problems, how to go back?

Post by drivable21 »

I was a very very very happy user because I believed that SRWare Iron was maybe the best browser in the world.... until I updated it.
Version 109.0.5550.0 (Official Build) (64-bit), as you guys know this is the latest update for Windows 7.

Well, a part Gmail that logs off or the tab is blank at each browser restart, and there seems to be no option to say keep logged in as it should always be so I don't understand why the developers destroyed something that was 100% perfectly functional, intuitive and working?

Settings/performance/always keep these sites active: so I added Gmail but Gmail login fields are still blank.
Settings/on startup: "open the new tab page" and "continue where you left off" both options look dead and there is no way to interact with the mouse.
When I start the browser it should open with the latest used tab which is Gmail (and it was working just perfectly before the latest update), it does open for a 1-2 seconds logged in then it reverts back to a blank gmail form and I need to input the password.

Now, I understand that this is the latest version of SRWare Iron for Windows 7 so could anyone please tell me what is a known stable and working version and how to go back and install it?
Alternatively what other browser brand can I use, I already spent a lot of time for this browser update issue so I need to move on.
SRWare
Site Admin

Re: Version 109.0.5550.0 problems, how to go back?

Post by SRWare »

Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
drivable21

Post by drivable21 »

Thanks very much I'll try it.
Do you know in what folders are the remaining files of the browser?
When I "clean" reinstall the application the browser still remembers the previous settings and some now result broken like for example saved login details so I assume they might be in conflict with the newer browser version.
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

drivable21 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:31 am Thanks very much I'll try it.
Do you know in what folders are the remaining files of the browser?
When I "clean" reinstall the application the browser still remembers the previous settings and some now result broken like for example saved login details so I assume they might be in conflict with the newer browser version.
C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
drivable21

Post by drivable21 »

Nothing has changed as per above description.

During the installation --> "custom installation" does nothing!
From the settings "continue where you left off" doesn't do anything!
The browser doesn't offer to save the password.
I had to delete the theme in Gmail because since the Iron update the Gmail window appeared so ugly and uncomfortable for the eyes.
Gmail opens logged in but after one second it reverts back to a blank login page.

So so frustrating so I'll spend my little spare time to search for an alternative browser.
Smart developers destroyed what was working perfectly!
kevintexas0106

Post by kevintexas0106 »

You can try downgrading to a known stable version of SRWare Iron. According to user reports, version 108 seems to be stable and doesn't have the Gmail login issue. among us