WebGL issue

Iron Forum for english speaking people

mfhawn@gmail.com

WebGL issue

Post by mfhawn@gmail.com »

I'm trying to nail down a WebGL crash. I updated to this latest version. It's for a Facebook game. The game loads but the millisecond I click on ANYTHING the screen kind of flickers and goes black for a second and the blasted thing crashes. I didn't know if it was on their end (they tend to blame the user), or my end. It worked YESTERDAY on the previous version. Just trying to figure it out. Is there anything I can do to see any errors?

Thanks!
Mike_Walsh

Re: WebGL issue

Post by Mike_Walsh »

Take a look here:-

http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/

Does the page load fully, and show the white ball bobbing about in the swimming pool? Can you move the ball around, and can you move the image itself to different viewing angles? Can you toggle gravity on/off using the "g" key?

If you can do the above, then the issue is not WebGL as such. However, I too have an issue with WebGL; Chrome runs the Zoom 'app' quite happily but if I try to install the same app into Iron, I get the error message come up that WebGL is not supported. Which is clearly wrong, since the above link clearly demonstrates that it is.

Unless, of course, WebGL has different 'modes' that need toggling depending on intended usage.....

Mike. ;)