Weird youtube behavior?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Satamax

Weird youtube behavior?

Post by Satamax »

Hi everybody.

Well, i have a weird old machine, tyan motherboard, 2 quad opteron, 32gb ram, ssd. That i like to run on W7 running Ublock.

Two, three days ago, there was an update from windows.

Since, i can't access youtube.

Or to explain exactly what is happening;

I click on a youtube link, in my favorites, or on a search page, the page goes white, and closes iron. Every time. I can reopen, go to the YT link, and it disappears again.

I found a fix, doing it several times, i click on the YT link, and just after clicking the link, hitting escape button.

But i would be keen to know why this happens.

Thanks guys.
ml20

Re: Weird youtube behavior?

Post by ml20 »

i can reproduce the error with version 94.

downgrading to 93 and waiting for a fix helps!
Satamax

Post by Satamax »

Thanks a lot ML20.

I dis try to clear cache and everything. Zilch.

I don't know how to revert to the previous version ?
ans@ddol-las.net

Post by ans@ddol-las.net »

I don't think it's an issue with version 94 as Youtube was working after install 94, yet today I get the same issue, instant close of Iron.

Youtube works in Edge-chrome, on the same machine. Tried clearing cache and flushing DNS, I think this is something google/YT have done.

[edit] Now I look, Edge reports it's version 95, so that could be the issue. I assume iron will be updated to 95 soon, in that case.
Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Hello,
I am a user of a competing browser (Slimjet) and if I am here it is not to sing the praises of Slimjet!

Slimjet suffers (had suffered, since the developer seems to have fixed the bug) from the same problem as Iron, as soon as you try to connect to YouTube, the browser crashes.

The subject has been discussed on our forum, you can read it here, for more information : https://www.slimjet.com/en/forum/viewto ... f=6&t=3125
MarkusH

Post by MarkusH »

Possibly it's a coincidence, but I have now found the following workaround (working since 2 minutes) after some trial and error.

1) Delete browser data (in any case all cookies)
2) Log in to YouTube using the following link: https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogi ... ce=youtube

You will then end up in the Google account, but you can also be redirected to YouTube via the menu in the upper right corner. then you are logged in on YouTube.com.
All information without guarantee. As I said, it works for me since a few minutes.

Markus
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

Same issue here, youtube is closing, going to m.youtube.com seems to work though.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Hi, same iron crashes here, youtube seams to work flawlessly in inkognito mode...
koval21

Post by koval21 »

I have the same problem with youtube :(
Satamax

Post by Satamax »

I think what makes the latest iron crash, is this.
youtube cookie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.