New Page about Iron/Chrome Extensions and Themes from SRWare

Iron Forum for english speaking people

w33d3r

Re: New Page about Iron/Chrome Extensions and Themes from SR

Post by w33d3r »

Going to have to add another post I cannot edit the last one.....

Also along the same ideas as the above post, would it be possible in future to have a Privacy rating on extensions?, 5 star for "excellent privacy, no issues here" down to 1 star for "Beware third party agreement hiding amongst the legal obfuscation", and a possible special rating of Zero for plugins similar to flash in their devious potential.
StalkerNOVA

Post by StalkerNOVA »

Add latest version number to the new Start Page for all OS.
danato

Hide Tabbar

Post by danato »

Hi,
Even though I love the look and feel, it was with pain in the heart that I make the switch for firefox to Iron.
FF is simply too slow in loading and performance, streaming is awful, etc.
What I love in firefox, is the extention Hide the Tab bar.
New laptops usually have a 16:9 display which makes the display even smaller than its predecessor 16:10.
Hide Tabbar is a perfect solution for that.
Is there any possibility to create a similar extention for chrome?
ironuser

Re: Hide Tabbar

Post by ironuser »

danato wrote:Hi,
Even though I love the look and feel, it was with pain in the heart that I make the switch for firefox to Iron.
FF is simply too slow in loading and performance, streaming is awful, etc.
What I love in firefox, is the extention Hide the Tab bar.
New laptops usually have a 16:9 display which makes the display even smaller than its predecessor 16:10.
Hide Tabbar is a perfect solution for that.
Is there any possibility to create a similar extention for chrome?
This one maybe? https://chrome.google.com/extensions/de ... mekmndojgn
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

new iron 15.0.900.2 wont run my favorite plugin

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ponilnomle

its not google related and i see no reson for it not to run

anyone?
faucon50

Post by faucon50 »

Hello everybody

I installed Iron today and I'm happy. I would like to know if I can install extensions from chrome web strore the change colors one (to change the colors background) or is this not secure? This one:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mlapalklgn

Thank you.
prr

Post by prr »

As far as this page is concerned, I found a nice theme I'd been using on Chrome (Brushed) and installed it. Thanks for putting that site together.

I was wondering--are the themes and extensions listed on the site the OP linked to, filtered to work with Iron (implying that other Chrome extensions are not compatible)? Or was this site simply to organize them better for us to access? Or are the ones not listed, avoided because of other concerns (such as privacy, etc.)?
sean.n.bean

Post by sean.n.bean »

w33d3r wrote:Also along the same ideas as the above post, would it be possible in future to have a Privacy rating on extensions?, 5 star for "excellent privacy, no issues here" down to 1 star for "Beware third party agreement hiding amongst the legal obfuscation", and a possible special rating of Zero for plugins similar to flash in their devious potential.
i've been wondering about something related to this for a while now... don't adding extensions to Iron circumnavigate the privacy we are seeking when we originally installed Iron?
tmin

Post by tmin »

jlc wrote:Hey,

Are those extensions for Ironportable? I can not find any instruction for installing those extensions on Ironportable. Is there anyone knows how to do it? my os is XP home SP3. Best wishes!
I've managed to install one on the portable Iron browser. The extension is downloaded as .crx (chrome eXtention, as i think) archive. I've renamed it to .ZIP and unpacked. Then in URL chrome://chrome/extensions/ check "Developer mode" box and click "Load unpacked extension" button.

HTH
rjs

Post by rjs »

None of the extensions install - is there another way.