google earth plugin with Iron

Iron Forum for english speaking people

loicdevaux

google earth plugin with Iron

Post by loicdevaux »

Hi ,

I would like to see google earth plugin ( http://code.google.com/apis/earth/ ) work under Iron. Google earth plugin works on Chrome so I guess it should work on Iron. The problem is that the plugin
detects that it is not running under chrome so it fails to start. Is there are workaround to this problem?

Loïc
paholsky

Re: google earth plugin with Iron

Post by paholsky »

How many places can I pin on Google Earth? I have Google Earth, and I have been happily pinning places I've been to and read about. I have about 170 pins, and now Google is not accepting any more pins. Is there a limit? And how do I get rid of the limit?
bksening

Post by bksening »

Hi loicdevaux, that sounds like a user-agent checking issue.

You may need to start Iron with the --user-agent option and set it to Google Chrome's user-agent to get Google Earth plugin to work.
numb3rs666

Post by numb3rs666 »

Good morning at all.
This is my first post in this place but from a long time Iron is my preferred browser and I'm grateful for your work.
Regarding the Google Earth plugin, I have try and I know that is possible to use it with the last version of Iron 9.0.600 portable but is necessary to install the plugin in the PC.
I want ask you if is possible to use the plugin without install it in the PC.
Could you please explain, step by step, how can I install it also into portable version? I have extract the npgeplugin.dll but I don't know if it is sufficient and where I need to put it in the Iron Portable folder and, moreover how to register it as an extension of Iron.

Tnx a lot in advance
:D
veleriya

Post by veleriya »

How I can set the scale in a google maps embedded in my site ? I mean: using google maps wizard I set a map with pin points of my interest. Following rules, I embedded the map in my site, but when I see it, I can't see in proper scale: I see my entire country or a little slice and I have to zoom in and out.