mapx wrote:did you look in bookmarks.bak ? are there your bookmarks ? or is empty?
first you talked about chrome (google chrome) not chromium (used by iron)
Mapx,thanks for the reply.
I have been trying to figure it out for last 5 days.Bookmarks are really important for me.I have done enough research and gone through different forums but nothing.
Nope I am talking about Iron.Sorry,got confused with this link.
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/an ... wer=142059
Yes,I have got older Chromium “Bookmarks” and “Bookmarks.bak” files.Even the complete “Default” folder.
Here is the whole scenario :
(1) Took the back up of Chromium “Default” folder on PC
(2) Took the back up of “SRWareIron”folder on PC
(C:\Program Files (x86)\ SRWare Iron)
(3) Installed the latest version :19.0.1100.0 (Developer Build 140000 Windows) and all hell broke loose.Everytime I tried to launch it,it got crashed.Relaunched it,got crashed again and again)
(4) Uninstalled the Iron and installed the new version again.Now all the bookmarks had gone and I was getting "Your profile could not be opened correctly…..” error.
(5) Restored the PC for no use…..still the same error and can’t access my bookmarks.
(6) Deleted the user (Menu>Options>Users>Delete this user).It fixed the error but still can’t access my bookmarks.(I have not got my bookmarks synchronized with gmail account)
(7) Replaced the new "Bookmarks" and "Bookmarks.bak" with previously saved "Bookmarks" and "Bookmarks.bak" files.Deleted the "Bookmarks" file and renamed the "Bookmarks.bak" file to "Bookmarks".Still can’t see my bookmarks when I run the Iron.It's so annoying.
Any suggestions ? How to fix it ?
Should I install the previous version and then again try to replace the”Bookmarks” files ?
I really want my bookmarks back. Any help would be appreciated.