Freaky Issue Chromium Vs. Iron as Default Browser on XP

Iron Forum for english speaking people

EpamiTut

Freaky Issue Chromium Vs. Iron as Default Browser on XP

Post by EpamiTut »

Hi SRWare Iron Forum.
Nice to meet you. This is my first topic. I'm sorry by my english.

It happens that I have been using portable versions of Iron and Chromium. So far so normal.
The strange thing is trying to make Iron as Default browser in Windows XP, the following happens:
Windows XP set to Chromium as its Default browser from the XP Start Menu.
Then, I changed it from the dropdown list of browsers available on the Properties for the Main Menu. And this is where it gets the more freaky thing.
WinXP set up a SRWare Iron as its Default browser, but when clicking there, XP opens a browser that happens to be the fusion of Chromium and Iron, it takes features from both, and it's a different profile of my Iron from Portable folder.

I deleted the folder of Chromium portable and its related folders in Documents and Settings. But the issue continues.
Windows XP recognizes SRWare Iron (as Default browser), like a virgin profile of Chromium or Iron, but not my Profile. :o

Tested Versions:
Chromium 20.0.x
SRWare Iron 18.0.1050.0
Tallpaultn

Re: Freaky Issue Chromium Vs. Iron as Default Browser on XP

Post by Tallpaultn »

Try starting SRWare Iron Browser with administrator rights. I had a similar issue in the past & that corrected the problem. Hope this helps resolve your issue...
EpamiTut

Post by EpamiTut »

Hi.
But, the current user is the XP Main account, ie the Administrator account. This must have full Administrator rights.
Well, so far, is the first browser I get this trouble.

Opening the Iron portable executable from its context menu to Run as ... there is the current account, then this opens Iron, but as a virgin profile. :?

This dialog don't let me choose the item Administrator, because alert:
"You can not start the service, because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Perhaps some service I disabled in the past, I cannot confirm.
But in any case, this is common for all my other portable applications, and they have no problem.
EpamiTut

Post by EpamiTut »

Gentlemen of SRWare Iron.
I posted my Reply, on Sunday night.
:?
Please, put it.
Tetrapak

Post by Tetrapak »

I also had problem with Iron default browser few versions ago but I solved it...
Here is the solution:

1. Start -> run -> type "regedit".
2. Find and change this keys:
---> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command
---> open default
--->change Value data to: "C:\Program Files\IronPortable\IronPortable\IronPortable.exe" -- "%1"

---> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\https\shell\open\command
---> open default
--->change Value data to: "C:\Program Files\IronPortable\IronPortable\IronPortable.exe" -- "%1"

---> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ftp\shell\open\command
---> open default

Here I put my path (C:\Program Files\IronPortable\IronPortable\IronPortable.exe) just for example, but you need to put your path to IronPortable.exe.