v18.0.1050.1 crash in single process mode

Iron Forum for english speaking people

oki88

v18.0.1050.1 crash in single process mode

Post by oki88 »

I'm trying to run v18.0.1050.1 in single process mode and it begin to crash every time I launch it.
I always used this mode with all previous versions and Iron never showed any problem with it. It's only the new v18, that starts to crash...

Command line used to start Iron in single process mode:
IronPortable.exe -single-process

Crash report message:
------------------------
SRWare Iron
Error signature:
AppName: ifon.exe AppVer: 18.0.1050.1 ModName: Iron.dll
ModVer: 18.0.1050.1 Offset: 001e5da9

To view technical information about the error report, click here
------------------------

So far, I've returned back to v17, which works just fine.

What should I do to avoid the crash with v18?
oki88

Re: v18.0.1050.1 crash in single process mode

Post by oki88 »

Sorry guys, but it looks like it's the problem with my computer only (which is a good news).

To troubleshoot the source of the problem I installed latest Chromium v21.0.1139.0. I tested it and it worked in single process mode just fine. Thus I come to conclusion that it was not the problem with the new Iron build. Then I returned to Iron v18 and discovered it crashed, when I rename its folder (switching between v17, which is still here, and v18). That renaming actually caused the crash. I guess some module still loaded in memory (after I exit the Iron) and was incompatible with the new code, that I tried to run. Rebooting computer helped to get rid of the problem completely :) and now I'm a happy camper...

Sorry for the false alarm. Iron v18 can run in single process mode well as all versions before :)