TOO MANY PROCESSESS OF IRON.EXE RUNNING ON TASK MANAGER

Iron Forum for english speaking people

scorpioraj

TOO MANY PROCESSESS OF IRON.EXE RUNNING ON TASK MANAGER

Post by scorpioraj »

Hi,

I am having Win xp SP 3,Intel celeron Processor 256 MB Ram. I have installed Ironware Portable Version: 18.0.1050.0. I have noticed in the Task manager process that If I open 5 Tabs in Iron Browser, I find the same number of "Iron.exe" running in the Task manager.Why is it so?
I am sending you the screenshot.Please advise.

Also, I find that when I move from one tab to another, the content is visible and loaded on the page after few seconds only..Eg. I have opened 3 tabs and all the 3 tabs have loaded. I go to tab 1 and browse, then I move to tab 2, the tab 2 page even though it is fully loaded, is only loaded and visible after few seconds.I am not sure of the reason why?.Please advise.

I am very impressed by the performance of the Iron Browser, but these 2 issues are bothering me, so please update me of any solutions.

Thanks a lot for your time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mapx

Re: TOO MANY PROCESSESS OF IRON.EXE RUNNING ON TASK MANAGER

Post by mapx »

the first "issue":
chrome/chromium/iron open each tab in a new separate process (to avoid crashing the browser for only one tab/site)

the second is strange: I cant replicate it; what about your extensions ? Did you have some agressive security software (like comodo with all protections ...) ?
from your picture I see your tabs still loading
scorpioraj

Post by scorpioraj »

I don't use any extensions and I don't use any aggressive softwares. The difference of the content visible and getting loaded on the page is barely 1-2 seconds, but other browsers specially Opera and K-Meleon never have such a problem when we move from tab to tab,I can always see the pages displayed.So I am not sure why this is happening.I think there might be some issue of displaying pages when tab is pressed.Can someone please look into it.?

As mentioned in the reply BY "mapx" chrome/chromium/iron open each tab in a new separate process .Is it a good idea? .

I tried the same technique with K-Meleon and it takes only 50,144K with 6 tabs opened (see screenshot) and in Iron Browser it takes 41,224K for only one tab and if you look at the previous screenshot, you can realise that it takes too much Memory usage for every tab opened.

I think this can be rectified by the developers and then Iron Browser can be the fastest and the most secure browser to have around.

Awaiting updates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mapx

Post by mapx »

srware doesnt change features like multi-process-browser, they only eliminate some google tracking /privacy issues
RikkyRicardo

Post by RikkyRicardo »

I've got the same problem, counting 8 iron.exe processes running now. Although, doesn't seem to be bothering me...
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

I seem to have 15 running by taking up any CPU.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

it's not a bug, it's a feature
x tabs = x processes
x plugins = x proecess
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
oki88

Post by oki88 »

Beginning with v5 (first version I've tried) I run Iron in single process mode (there is only one process running no matter how many tabs I open). It allows me to save a lot of memory resources and Iron runs actually faster (no inter-process switching on the background, etc). Running in single process mode was very stable. In the rear occasion when browser crashed I always could easily restore my browsing session by simply restarting the Iron.

To run browser in single process mode you may use this option (add it to command line):
-single-process

Unfortunately the latest version of Iron (v18 ) starts exhibiting some crash problems and I hope for a help from developers. But all older versions (including v17) run just fine in single process mode...
mapx

Post by mapx »

from a chromium forum:

--single-process mode is disabled for branded Google Chrome builds
only. If you're building your own, it will be available. Be advised
that single process mode isn't officially supported and has known
bugs.
fon

Post by fon »

oki88 wrote:Beginning with v5 (first version I've tried) I run Iron in single process mode (there is only one process running no matter how many tabs I open). It allows me to save a lot of memory resources and Iron runs actually faster (no inter-process switching on the background, etc). Running in single process mode was very stable. In the rear occasion when browser crashed I always could easily restore my browsing session by simply restarting the Iron.

To run browser in single process mode you may use this option (add it to command line):
-single-process

Unfortunately the latest version of Iron (v18 ) starts exhibiting some crash problems and I hope for a help from developers. But all older versions (including v17) run just fine in single process mode...

Please, can you explain a bit moe of a step-by-step mode how to add that command line?

thanks