v. 18 clicking urls...

Iron Forum for english speaking people

mesterjagels

v. 18 clicking urls...

Post by mesterjagels »

So I've recently downloaded the new version of Iron. But something annoys me.
In version 17... when you'd click a link, most of the time Iron would open it in a new tab.
In version 18... when you click a link it takes you directly to the new page without making a new tab or window.

I've looked around without seeing any options on turning this on/off. Is there any way I can fix this? Using OSX Lion.
Kevin S

Re: v. 18 clicking urls...

Post by Kevin S »

I don't think any Chromium-based browser I've ever used has opened links in a new tab by default. Have you seen this change on the same websites from version 17 to 18? Have you surfed a large number of websites since upgrading to version 18? I'm asking because I wonder whether you just happen to have only been reading websites that set links to open in a new window, or perhaps one of your favorite websites has changed the way it codes links.
mesterjagels

Post by mesterjagels »

You might be right about the "open in new tab" being default.
But I only recently downloaded v. 17 where it did work, it wasn't till v. 18 it changed.
At least it worked with all links on reddit.com. I know it's a 1st world problem that I have to push cmd to open in new tabs, but is there any workaround or setting i can change?
Kevin S

Post by Kevin S »

I can't see anything under Settings (but I'm also not using a Mac). There is an extension in the Google Chrome store called NewTab. It creates an icon when you hover over a link, which opens the link in a new tab when the icon is clicked. That may be a potential solution.
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

I use "Right Click Opens Link in New Foreground (or Background) Tab". It works well on Windows :)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... anbfgoamoo