Iron Forum for english speaking people

Mrlopez87

Re: New Iron-Version: 18.0.1050.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Mrlopez87 »

mapx wrote:@mrlopez

you can set the local storage from here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger03.html
I think it won't work! :|

Iron Version 17.0.1000.2 was working fine than this new version.

Thanks anyway.
Windows 10 Pro x64
SRWare Iron Portable (64-bit)
16GB DDR4 Memory
256GB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

str wrote: I have updated it, but i lose all my bookmarks.
i cannot retrieved from the "favorite parameters" because it also suggest 3 other browsers: IE, Mozilla, Google.
my bookmarks are linked to the Chromium...
and so,
I was trying to import the bookmarks file from the "favorite manager" but it is not visible (because not a html extension), here it is the track:
D:\Documents and Settings\myname\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data
and so I 've just written in the input area the file "bookmarks", but it has not been uploaded !!!!
str
Iron is a derivative of chromium and you should be able to just COPY the bookmarks that are in the User Data area, UNLESS when you updated you removed the User Data as well as the program files. Iron does NOT automatically remove the User Data during install or updates.

Find a bookmarks file in the 'D:\Documents and Settings\myname\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default (or other name if not using the default) and OPEN it with Notepad or Worpad or the like to see if it is YOUR bookmark file.

Please explain further if I am missing your point.
Also! Do you have the 'Show Bookmark Bar' enabled under the TooL>Bookmarks?
mapx

Post by mapx »

Mrlopez87 wrote:
mapx wrote:@mrlopez

you can set the local storage from here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger03.html
I think it won't work! :|

Iron Version 17.0.1000.2 was working fine than this new version.

Thanks anyway.
did you try it ? Did you select the right voice ? I had time ago the same issue, I used that adobe page and now all is ok !
forsno

Post by forsno »

For those that would like the "+" back on the new tab button, here you go. I only replaced the resources for the new tab button with those of a previous version. I did not edit anything else, so don't worry. If you have been having issues with anything, this will likely neither make them worse or fix them.

Instructions:
  • 1. Close Iron if you have it open
    2. Navigate to {Dive letter}:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron (Or simply "Program Files" if you're on a 32-bit system, though I would have to ask, "Why?" ;))
    3. Find the "iron.dll" file in that directory and rename it to "iron.dll.bak" (Or you can copy the file to another location for backup)
    4. Download and/or move this file into the folder
    5. Open Iron and voila!
str

Post by str »

Many thanks ironuser !

i've done it, i get a recent bookmark folder but not the last one.
and i didn't retrieved the associated toolbar.
is that another file for that?

txs
Str
testpilot

Post by testpilot »

forsno wrote:Or simply "Program Files" if you're on a 32-bit system, though I would have to ask, "Why?" ;)
If you have <= 4GB of RAM then there's no excuse to have a 64-bit OS :!:
Mrlopez87

Post by Mrlopez87 »

forsno wrote:For those that would like the "+" back on the new tab button, here you go. I only replaced the resources for the new tab button with those of a previous version. I did not edit anything else, so don't worry. If you have been having issues with anything, this will likely neither make them worse or fix them.

Instructions:
  • 1. Close Iron if you have it open
    2. Navigate to {Dive letter}:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron (Or simply "Program Files" if you're on a 32-bit system, though I would have to ask, "Why?" ;))
    3. Find the "iron.dll" file in that directory and rename it to "iron.dll.bak" (Or you can copy the file to another location for backup)
    4. Download and/or move this file into the folder
    5. Open Iron and voila!
Thank you so much! :) Only fixed for Tab with "+"?
Nothing else?
Can you fixing for Flash Player issues?
Windows 10 Pro x64
SRWare Iron Portable (64-bit)
16GB DDR4 Memory
256GB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4
eking1852

Post by eking1852 »

When i download and attempt to install 18.0.1050.0, I get message saying
when trying to replace existing file delete file failed code 5
I am currently running 14.0.850.0 (Official Build 102000) on Windows XPpro2002 sp3 on an ASUS laptop 1.7ghz

I have the same problem on my PC,where I am running 5.0.382 on an ASUS 1.8ghz

Any suggestions welcome..even the obvious to upgrade Windows, Pc and laptop,but i would prefer not to
paetre

Post by paetre »

Thanks for the version update. It seems version 18.0.1050.0 can now directly load plugins from the Chrome Web store. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the games are supported yet (keep getting the 'Must be installed from the Chrome Web store' error). When I tried using 'Tools -> Report an issue' it opened up a form to report a Chrome browser problem to Google and not to report an Iron problem to SRWare.

Being able to load the plugins directly is a definite improvement over the 'backdoor method' needed in Iron 17.0.1000.1 and earlier versions.

:ironvsie
negated

Post by negated »

testpilot wrote:
forsno wrote:Or simply "Program Files" if you're on a 32-bit system, though I would have to ask, "Why?" ;)
If you have <= 4GB of RAM then there's no excuse to have a 64-bit OS :!:
Actually, even at 4GB or below, there are still many benefits to running a (Windows) box with a 64-bit OS:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

You can address more (you are limited to 2-3GB even if you have 4GB in a 32-bit Windows OS), and 32-bit OSes cannot take advantage of remapped memory given to video cards and other components (i.e., if your video card is 512MB, well that's 512MB of system RAM that your 32-bit OS is not actually using for regular processes).