IRON won't run in regular user mode only as administer.

Iron Forum for english speaking people

mrmick

IRON won't run in regular user mode only as administer.

Post by mrmick »

IRON 17.0.1000.0 (Developer Build 121963 Mac OS X) won't run in regular user mode only as administer. Chromium Helper EH quit unexpectedly, notice pops up. Iron works in administer mode and I find Chromium Helper EH in the activity monitor in administer mode, but not in regular user mode. I downloaded it twice and installed it and still the same problem. I put it in my applications folder and it shows up in my regular user folder also. It opens up but I can't access any sites they are all blank except for yours, but I can't open any tabs after I get to your site. I have an IMAC OS 10.6.8 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"
mrmick

Re: IRON won't run in regular user mode only as administer.

Post by mrmick »

I downloaded IRON a couple of more times and reset my permissions and tossed my preference files and anything else that I could find that had chromium or SRWare Iron on it and it still only works with 1 user. When I try to use it with another user I get a notice that chromium helper EH has unexpectedly quit. And the browser won't open any pages.
So now I have solved the problem by going back to version 14. That seems to work alright.
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"