Personal data export?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Beverast

Personal data export?

Post by Beverast »

I use Iron for some time, and I'm satisfied with it, but I don't know one thing that must be basic (but didn't find on this forum).

Lets see this scenario:

- I have to format my partition, where Iron is installed
- but if I format it, then I'll lose everything of importance: bookmarks, saved passwords, etc.
- I want to save it; collect it all in single file or folder, put it somewhere else (like USB flash drive) and after formatting & installing Iron again, put all those things back
- I DO NOT, under any circumstances, want to put any of those things on internet (i.e. Google Sync)

How do I do save personal data in that way?

TYVM.
mapx

Re: Personal data export?

Post by mapx »

To save (or export) BOOKMARKS and PASSWORDS:

1) Go to the Start menu > Run.
2) Enter one of the following directories in the text field, then press OK.
>>Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data
>>Windows Vista: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
3) Locate and open the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens.
4) TO COPY BOOKMARKS: Copy the file named "Bookmarks", and save it for backup.
5) TO COPY PASSWORDS: Copy the file named "Login Data", and save it for backup.
6) Once you have formatted the drive or created a new profile, follow steps 1-3 and simply paste the files saved in steps 4 & 5.
7) All your bookmark data and password data are back!
LogCastle

Re: Personal data export?

Post by LogCastle »

I changed my Windows7 workgroup and am having to reconfigure a number of things. I found the Bookmark file in the location specified above and upon viewing it via notepad it appears to be the correct (up-to-date) bookmark file. However Iron is not sucking in the Bookmark file and on the bookmark bar Iron is just asking me if I want to import bookmarks. How do I get Iron to find the Bookmarks file in the location below?

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default