Plug-in errors

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Anthem

Plug-in errors

Post by Anthem »

Any assistance is appreciated: I'm a new Iron user. Anytime I access a site that requires a plug-in, I get a plug-in error. My setting in chrome://plugins has the Default Plug-In set to "Enable" but I still have the problem that plug-ins won't load. Do I need to uninstall Google Chrome. Is there a configuration conflict? Thanks in advance.
ianas

Re: Plug-in errors

Post by ianas »

I have the same problem, I'm a casual Iron user I usually try new builds (still stuck on mozilla seamonkey) and I can't get any plugin to work :(
Didn't have this problem in Iron 16.
OK nacl won't load, sumatrapdf won't load, trued a few exotic plugins from http://plugindoc.mozdev.org like mng,jp2 etc none would load!
Is there a white/black list of plugins?
Cos Iron loads standard netscape based plugins like Java, Adobe pdf and Adobe Flash and those aren't in it's folder?
Any help would be appreciated.
mapx

Post by mapx »

for sumatrapdf:

In iron, go to about:plugins (i.e. enter that into the address bar) and make sure that all PDF plugins except for SumatraPDF's are disabled.
Karmylla

Post by Karmylla »

Me too, I have the exact same problem. I installed Iron and uninstalled Chrome.
The problem is, an image of a piece of puzzle appears and says "The required plug-in is not installed". How do I stop this?

Could somebody help us?