FlashPlayer In Iron w/64-bit XP

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Roadkill

FlashPlayer In Iron w/64-bit XP

Post by Roadkill »

Whenever I access a page with Adobe Flash content in Iron, I get a yellow-bar error message telling me that the Flash plug-in was blocked because the player is out of date and there are two buttons, one to update the plug-in and one to "run this time".

Whenever I try to update, I get a screen from Adobe telling me that Flash Player does not support 64-bit Windows XP, which is what I'm running. If I select the "run this time" button, Flash content plays normally. I do not get this error message when running Chrome, which Iron is built on and Flash Player runs normally in Chrome.

Two questions: First, is there a way to force Adobe Flash to work in Iron running 64-bit XP?

Failing that, is there a 32-bit version of Iron that will work under 64-bit XP?

I'm running the latest update of Chrome using 64-bit XP and it has no problem updating to the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Thanks for any info.
mapx

Re: FlashPlayer In Iron w/64-bit XP

Post by mapx »

open your chrome browser , go in chrome://plugins and verify which FLASH is active.
repeat the same for your iron browser, eventually disable the wrong one and enable the same you found in chrome
Roadkill

Re: FlashPlayer In Iron w/64-bit XP

Post by Roadkill »

Thanks for the reply, mapx.

Before I read your response, I did look at the Chrome://plugins page and saw that only one version of Flash was there. The version number was highlighted red and had a link beside the number to the Adobe Flash download page.

Originally, I tried downloading this file numerous times but could not get it to download, so I assumed it was because of the message on the Adobe page that Flash did not support Win XP 64-bit.

Apparently the fault must have been the Adobe servers because several hours later the Flash download completed with no problem, installed itself, and works just fine in Iron with no error messages.

Thanks again for your help.