Suggestions not coming up in search bar?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

souljacker

Suggestions not coming up in search bar?

Post by souljacker »

Hi,

I notice that when I search for something in the address bar, suggestions for things I am typing in don't come up.

Say for example, I go to search for "facebook". In Iron I have to type in the whole word while in Chrome facebook would be suggested by the time I type in just "fac" or "face". I can then search quicker and save time. Is there any way to turn this feature on in Iron?
mapx

Re: Suggestions not coming up in search bar?

Post by mapx »

did you just install iron ? if yes, its normal. The suggestions come out from browser's history. Probably now, after you just typed once the address, youl'll already have your URL in the address bar.
souljacker

Post by souljacker »

mapx wrote:did you just install iron ? if yes, its normal. The suggestions come out from browser's history. Probably now, after you just typed once the address, youl'll already have your URL in the address bar.
I have it a few months at this stage. Yes, the suggestions are only the urls of similar sites I have in the history when I'm searching. I'm wondering is there anyway for the search bar to predict what I'm searching for while I'm typing like chrome does.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I see .. "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar" (under the hood / privacy) is not present in iron, because of a lack of privacy (you are using iron exactly for this reason, to have better privacy)
megaman

Post by megaman »

souljacker wrote:I have it a few months at this stage. Yes, the suggestions are only the urls of similar sites I have in the history when I'm searching. I'm wondering is there anyway for the search bar to predict what I'm searching for while I'm typing like chrome does.
I could not have said it any better than mapx.
You will find that many things will be removed from the browser to protect the user privacy.
Another browser that removes this is Dragon.
You have to remain with Chrome or try CoolNovo, if you desire.
souljacker

Post by souljacker »

What does having this feature removed have to do with privacy though?