Updating Iron

Iron Forum for english speaking people

prr

Updating Iron

Post by prr »

Is there a way to get Iron updated? With Chrome, if it wasn't automatic (I don't recall), I would go to the "about Chrome" window and it would automatically check for updates. I didn't see any message like that when I went to "about Iron." Is there another way to get it to update? Or do I just cruise by the forums and see when a new release is announced, then download the installation file?
megaman

Re: Updating Iron

Post by megaman »

The idea of removing the privacy problems, they decided to remove the update sniffing, as well.
prr

Post by prr »

So in other words, for updates I have to come here and d/l a new version of the program?

That's ok, I just want to know how to update, that's all.
prr

Post by prr »

Thanks, Max. I wouldn't want that third-party program running all the time; instead of running it every week or so, I'd probably just prefer to go to the SRWare Iron page itself.

So I take it that the updates are d/l of the newest version of the program, requiring an install over the old one, correct, as opposed to a smaller update only? That is what it appears to be....
pinguyio

Post by pinguyio »

prr wrote:Thanks, Max. I wouldn't want that third-party program running all the time; instead of running it every week or so, I'd probably just prefer to go to the SRWare Iron page itself.
I agree. I trust SRWare more than any "third party". Thanks SRWare for everything you do! :)