Question for SRWare - Admin

Iron Forum for english speaking people

JustMe

Question for SRWare - Admin

Post by JustMe »

@ SRWare - Admin

I find it is too long before the posters get an answer to their questions.

My question is:

How many posts / months / years do we need to be a member before our posts stop ending-up in the moderation process?

Sometimes I just leave the place instead of answering because I know my post will end-up in moderation.

Unless there is a point I do not understand, seems to me that when the post does not include any links it should go through faster.

Thank you.
mapx

Re: Question for SRWare - Admin

Post by mapx »

I'd suggest all those with at least 5 posts go out of moderating ...
mapx

Post by mapx »

... or choose some guys to (super)moderate the forum and free all the process of posting
megaman

Post by megaman »

That will not stop the spammers and this is the reason why we have to go through moderation.
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

@ megaman

I understand your point of view but I still find the process too long.

A question goes to moderation, the reply goes the same route. People have time to find help somewhere else, which denies the purpose of this support forum, in my opinion.

Thank your for your answer.
megaman

Post by megaman »

mapx wrote:I'd suggest all those with at least 5 posts go out of moderating ...
So that the ones that post intentionally have the advantage over the decent posters?
mapx

Post by mapx »

take the adblockplus forum ... no problems there. But there are 5-6 moderators not only the admin. Here we have only one, the admin, srware. Only 1 person cant do this ..
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

Thank you, megaman.

I understand that it is better the way it is :)
prr

Post by prr »

I understand that some spammers will try to insert references to their products....

but how about, after 10 or 20 posts, simply letting them through, but keeping links out? or even just having a "report this post" button, and letting the forum members ourselves alert a mod? Surely that would cut down on the load....

Just my two cents. I came here for support for my browser (which I'm quite happy with---both the browser itself as well as the support) so I'm not trying to complain.

Regardless of the decision, thanks for making a great product AND offering support (which Google has decided not to do) for it.