Way to transfer passwords from Chrome to Iron

Iron Forum for english speaking people

prr

Way to transfer passwords from Chrome to Iron

Post by prr »

I just d/l SRWare Iron, and like it. I'm a longtime Chrome user and would like to transfer my numerous saved passwords from Chrome to Iron. Is there a way to do this, or perhaps, change teh target that Iron looks for the passwords? I'm running Windows 7 and the latest d/l version of Iron available.
cammy85

Re: Way to transfer passwords from Chrome to Iron

Post by cammy85 »

prr wrote:I just d/l SRWare Iron, and like it. I'm a longtime Chrome user and would like to transfer my numerous saved passwords from Chrome to Iron. Is there a way to do this, or perhaps, change teh target that Iron looks for the passwords? I'm running Windows 7 and the latest d/l version of Iron available.
Well, you would have to login after doing this, but you could sync them. That's how I did mine.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Look for a file in the Chrome user folder named Login Data. That is the one in Iron that contains passwords, and I assume for Chrome as well.
COPY the file in your chrome folder and PASTE it into the Iron user data 'Default' folder AFTER YOU MAKE A COPY OF THE CURRENT IRON VERSION.
Path for Iron is similar to this(I use XP) C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Iron16\Default
I am not sure what it looks like in Win7 but it is similar.
mapx

Post by mapx »

1. synchronize all into your google (gmail) account

or

2. install the extension lastpass

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... egeplioahd
prr

Post by prr »

Thanks a lot. This is just what I was looking for. I just did what you said and now my Chromium browser is entering passwords for sites I haven't been in a while, from my copied Chrome passwords.

Just for the record, in case a Win7 user needs this, the address for both browsers' data here is C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local. In that Local directory are the Chromium and Google folders (inside the Google folder is the Chrome folder).

Thanks again.
ironuser wrote:Look for a file in the Chrome user folder named Login Data. That is the one in Iron that contains passwords, and I assume for Chrome as well.
COPY the file in your chrome folder and PASTE it into the Iron user data 'Default' folder AFTER YOU MAKE A COPY OF THE CURRENT IRON VERSION.
Path for Iron is similar to this(I use XP) C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Iron16\Default
I am not sure what it looks like in Win7 but it is similar.
prr

Post by prr »

Mapx and Cammy,
I'll start a new thread on problems with syncing. I tried this with Chrome and I wasn't happy, so I came here to work with Iron. Now that I have Iron set up as I want, it would in fact make sense to use the sync as a backup for my Iron settings.