Why no Adblock whitelist?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Sukid

Why no Adblock whitelist?

Post by Sukid »

I know this has been brought up several times before, and for all I know this was answered in the german forum but I really want to ask, why doesn't iron's builtin adblock not support whitelisting/exceptions? Is it difficult to code it to not block ads on specified sites?
Whitelisting is the only reason I use ABP instead of the built-in adblock. A few of my favorite sites need the ad money, and their ads aren't intrusive or annoying anyway, so I don't want to block them.

Is it just not feasible, or just not very important right now? I understand either way, I'm just curious.
arflech

Re: Why no Adblock whitelist?

Post by arflech »

Soon there won't be much of a reason to use adblock.ini anymore: Iron 17 has the stable WebRequest API, which allows ABP for Chrome to block content just as well as ABP for Firefox.

I don't even think I'll make any more updates to my massive adblock.ini file: https://code.google.com/p/jansal/wiki/AdblockIni
Sukid

Re: Why no Adblock whitelist?

Post by Sukid »

Oh, sweet. Looking forward to that then. :D I'm guessing that's in the experimental apis I enabled for the ABP that blocks flash ads?