Uninstalling SRWare Iron

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Pierre771

Uninstalling SRWare Iron

Post by Pierre771 »

Hello

Uninstalling SRWare Iron is not complete : it remains records in the registry.

In a case when I wanted to uninstall provisionaly Iron (using Chromium), I had to use "Revo uninstaller pro" (I guess it is not the only program which have the functionality but this one works well). Else I couldn't declare Chromium as default browser.

And, as I have already suggested it, Iron and Chromium should be better separed.

Regards
C'est trop injuste !
Sukid

Re: Uninstalling SRWare Iron

Post by Sukid »

You can use Ccleaner to uninstall it. That will ensure the registry entry is gone.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

Are you using windows 7. Should be in your programs and features and in your uninstall section.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
phillwv

Post by phillwv »

I'm here searching for answers too. For what it's worth, an initial uninstall experience, yet to resolve:

* On Win7 32b installed most Iron recent version 10 days ago
* Trialled uninstalling to resolve general browser issues - trouble with a foreign language e-commmerce site
* Used Win7 Programs & Features uninstaller - restarted
* Iron continued as default browser
* Cleaned with Ccleaner (which seemed to label Iron as "Google Chrome") - restarted
* Iron merrily continued being default browser complete with Iron icons on desktop
* Searched all the usual places for saved program settings - found none, but not a thorough search
* Made IE9 the default browser and the iron icons were replaced with IE
* Not sure if Iron is still lurking, but I had stuff to do and this was a time-consuming distraction.

But still want to resolve this. Is it a feature or bug? Not how I want software to behave that I intend to trust. After all, Iron replaced Google Chrome because Google's privacy changes made me to decide to leave all Google services. The answer might be on this forum, or the Iron site. This is first thread found.