Stuck on loading page

Iron Forum for english speaking people

RazerAnansi

Stuck on loading page

Post by RazerAnansi »

When I start up SRWare Iron 16.0.950.0 (Developer Build 115000 Windows) to my homepage which is my SpeedDial page it just sticks trying to load the page. It also happens on some sites. Its not a server issue on their end because as soon as I click on the refresh button the page usually opens up right away. Is there some adjustments I can make like you can with Opera in networks such as: Max connections to server or Max total connections. Thanks
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
curlin

Re: Stuck on loading page

Post by curlin »

RazerAnansi wrote:When I start up SRWare Iron 16.0.950.0 (Developer Build 115000 Windows) to my homepage which is my SpeedDial page it just sticks trying to load the page. It also happens on some sites. Its not a server issue on their end because as soon as I click on the refresh button the page usually opens up right away. Is there some adjustments I can make like you can with Opera in networks such as: Max connections to server or Max total connections. Thanks
Experienced your exact same issues when swapping out an old dlink router (WEP) with a new dlink(WPA). There is for me, a compatibility issue with XP SP 3 / Dell wireless usb adapter and WPA encryption. Setting it to WEP (still using the same password) everything is smooth as silk!
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

I have no connection issues and run directly through my modem. I don't use a router. I also use Opera allot and have no issues with pages hanging trying to load. This only happens with SRWare Iron
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
teyko_teyko

Post by teyko_teyko »

I also fell such difficulties. It's seems to be some site block access for srware iron.
mapx

Post by mapx »

teyko_teyko wrote:I also fell such difficulties. It's seems to be some site block access for srware iron.
there is no such site block here. Its your system (aggresive security software, bad DNS settings, hosts file)
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

mapx wrote:
teyko_teyko wrote:I also fell such difficulties. It's seems to be some site block access for srware iron.
there is no such site block here. Its your system (aggresive security software, bad DNS settings, hosts file)
This is NOT bad DNS or security issue, When I start up SRWare 17 to my home screen which is Speed Dial it usually just hangs and doesn't even open. This does not happen with Firefox, Opera or IE and I run all of them. Iron hangs all the time on web pages. If I reload the same page it opens right up. I use MSE and a straight modem connection, no lags on my rig.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
debroos

Post by debroos »

I have exactly the same issue which has been present with several of the last versions of Iron. Refresh page or hitting the link again will usually sort it out, but I also have no such problems with IE, Firefox or Opera......I'm running XP with Comodo firewall and MSSE
mapx

Post by mapx »

turn on the windows firewall and disable comodo one only to test without comodo
debroos

Post by debroos »

Thanks Mapx - looks like Comodo is the culprit. I'll have to look for a new firewall :|
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

mapx wrote:turn on the windows firewall and disable comodo one only to test without comodo
Thanks - After reading your response I was curious. I went into my Norton 360 firewall settings>Programs and highlighted SRWare Iron. The setting was set to "Auto" I changed that to "Allow" . Restarted SRWI and my Speed Dial page loads up right away.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X