Does It Have?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

MePlayStarCraft

Re: Does It Have?

Post by MePlayStarCraft »

ironuser wrote:
MePlayStarCraft wrote:
I have not install SRWare Iron yet, so I do not know if the plugins are there or not. Since some of you guys on here already have this installed, why not just tell me if the plugins that I mentioned are there or not when you first installed SRWare Iron.

You said browsers do not bundle plugins but when I ask google chrome users, they said that the adobe flash player is indeed included when you install google chrome so that you do not need to install them after you install google chrome.

That would really make me consider if I should get SRWare Iron because I don't wanna have to install so many stuff as it gets too confusing. Why not just bundle everything in one package?

About the typing in large bold font..... I did not know about it being rude, and I did not know about how people on this forum would take it too seriously. I usually go for large bold font because I want to make it clear and easy for people to read and understand.
OK, ONE more time. See # 2 above in my earlier post, and in your quote of it!
2- that are installed on your machine somewhere
That means if you have the plugins installed on your computer for Firefox,Seamonkey, Opera, and a couple of others, Iron will find therm and use them. Iron MAY even use one or two from IE, but I wouldn't count on it.

Open your current browser, check the plugins it uses, and chances are they will also be used in Iron.

Trust me here when I tell you, that you do not want to use the Google Chrome version of Flash! It will mess things up eventually, and for some it already has. You are better off getting the latest version of ANY PLUGIN directly from the source instead of depending on a 'bundled' version that is customized for a particular browser
That comment about your BOLD type is just plain BS! You are trying to grab attention, and THAT is a turn off to most of the folks that respond to posts in here. We are very capable of reading the regular size type.
You've had your answer in several different ways, now, go use it or not we don't really care!
This is that last response I will give to you, and I assume that goes for a couple of the others as well until you lose the condescending attitude.

I will add this. If Iron 'bundled' plugins with it's browser, I would not use it, and I have been testing and using browsers and browser plugins since Netscape 0.9(it was called Mosaic then).

So the answer to my topic question would have been much simpler if you or someone one here would have answer it like this.

and here goes.... No SRWare Iron does not come bundle with Adobe Flash player, Shockwave player and Java. You have to get them and install them yourself after you install SRWare Iron. <<<<< This would be less confusing and more simple straight forward than megaman answer in the second post.....

I by no mean did not try to grab attention. I just wanted a clear straight forward easy simple answer. I am a noob here and did not know about the effect of typing in large bold font would have so much impact on me being attack with harsh word.
megaman

Post by megaman »

This little squabble aside, you have your answer, it's been clear enough.

Just use what you find fitting. If you want things to come bundled, at least Flash, choose Chrome.
If you don't mind installing a few things here and there, they wouldn't be much of a hassle anyways, use Iron or any other browser that does the same thing.
zeroseven

Post by zeroseven »

Friendly bunch here then......
I'm having a problem with iron, I'm 55, have built computers, use them every day. I'n not an "IT" nor am I a Troll. I'm not alone in finding that installing Flash into any Chromium browser is not as straightforward sometimes as you make people think it is

If the FAQ was a little better (volunteers?) then you'd probably be bothered by questions that are clearly beneath you

Cut people a bit of slack would you?

Hi by the way