Iron Forum for english speaking people

Huggz

Re: New Iron-Version: 16.0.950.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Huggz »

Do you guys know, that iron.exe has size 666 kB on disk? :?:
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

SRWare!! What the hell happened? This release will not recognize my saved passwords in incognito mode. WHY? And what do I do to it to make that happen.
Problem did not exist in the previous version(s)!
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

ironuser wrote:SRWare!! What the hell happened? This release will not recognize my saved passwords in incognito mode. WHY? And what do I do to it to make that happen.
This was deactived also in Chrome/Chromium for security reasons. But maybe we will reactive it because many users surf with incognito in normal sessions.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

SRWare wrote:
ironuser wrote:SRWare!! What the hell happened? This release will not recognize my saved passwords in incognito mode. WHY? And what do I do to it to make that happen.
This was deactived also in Chrome/Chromium for security reasons. But maybe we will reactive it because many users surf with incognito in normal sessions.
The sooner the better! Maybe an update to allow this?
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

SRWare wrote:
In addition to my other response to this.
It was a WRONG move! Let us have control of 'some' of our own security. AS it is, the devs will have it so we can't do a thing except start the browser!

LET ME KNOW when an update is available that allows the passwords in incognito. In the mean time, I will be going back to the previous version! I need my passwords without having to look them up every time I need one!
throkr

Post by throkr »

Thanks for this latest version; installed it "on top" of the previous one and everything's working like a charm (all extensions too !) ... :)

I still have 2 practical questions :

1/. as I'm using "Adblock" (not the "Plus" version), should I also regularely update the integrated "adblock.ini" file and, if yes, at which rythm ?

2/. I'm able to open *.pdf files whithin the browser without any problem but, each time, the files are also downloaded on the computer, what I don't need. What should I do to avoid these unnecessary downloads ?

Thanks for your suggestions & help ! :)
gever

Post by gever »

When using UA.ini:

1] In Iron 15, when empty, sets to default
2] In Iron 16, when empty, sets to empty

I've deleted it, of course (many websites relay on UA)
Yet, having it empty was nice when a quick "UA forging" was needed.
I assume this is a chrome behavior?
Pierre771

Post by Pierre771 »

throkr wrote: 1/. as I'm using "Adblock" (not the "Plus" version), should I also regularely update the integrated "adblock.ini" file and, if yes, at which rythm ?

2/. I'm able to open *.pdf files whithin the browser without any problem but, each time, the files are also downloaded on the computer, what I don't need. What should I do to avoid these unnecessary downloads ?
Hello

Adblock : very clear : with the integrated Iron adblock.ini, it's is no use using any adblock extension. Desinstall it. Your Iron will be faster.
The adblock.ini update rythm : you can decide it yourself : each day (it seems being updated every day), once a week, etc. It's not an obligation ! It depends what degree of protection against ads you want.

pdf : I don't have the problem. I use Sumatra with the plugin.

http://www.ketb.com/ketbmedia/doc/54031 ... _54031.pdf

you don't give any detail. With what plugin do you open pdf files within the browser ? see it with "about:plugins" in the adress bar. Desactivate the unuseful plugin(s) and keep only one.

The existing pdf plugins are : adobe acrobat/reader, Zeon, Sumatra, etc. They are installed at the same time as the corresponding software. Keep only the one you want.

And, please give us the links which correspond to your problem !
C'est trop injuste !
mapx

Post by mapx »

Pierre771 wrote:
Adblock : very clear : with the integrated Iron adblock.ini, it's is no use using any adblock extension. Desinstall it. Your Iron will be faster.
- sometimes you need to hide some elements in the page: adblock.ini cant manage this
- what about your own filters ? must integrate them with any update
Pierre771

Post by Pierre771 »

mapx wrote:
Pierre771 wrote:
- sometimes you need to hide some elements in the page: adblock.ini cant manage this
- what about your own filters ? must integrate them with any update
That's right.

Adblock.ini updating is not easy either.

But in that case what use is adblock.ini (and further : Iron) ? Having a double filter is not recommended and with an adblock extension you lose half of Iron advantage.
C'est trop injuste !