Any way to download from Chrome Web Store?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

mrttao

Re: Any way to download from Chrome Web Store?

Post by mrttao »

the solution is to use the useragent functionality built into iron to make it lie to the store and claim to be google chrome.
Onyx50

Post by Onyx50 »

mrttao wrote:the solution is to use the useragent functionality built into iron to make it lie to the store and claim to be google chrome.
Ok, I'm game! :) I wasn't aware this was possible. Can you provide details on how to do this?
Thanks for the help!
markaz

Post by markaz »

The way Google has it set up if you try to download an extension from Chrome Web Store while using Iron (or any other browser), what you are provided is a button saying "Available on Chrome". Click it and it takes you the Chrome download/install page. You cannot download an extension using a different download directory. The links provided in this thread as possible workarounds are no longer available (Error message).

There is a method to download and install extensions from Chrome. It's long winded but the only method I've found to get the functionality to Iron that we all want. I'd be more that happy to post how this is done, but only if it becomes a sticky that every can use. It would just get lost if posted only in this thread.
TOMCAT

Post by TOMCAT »

Hi There

I have used and liked so much Iron Portable for years, I Don1t know why it much very fast than all others ?!?
But I can't download extensions for it in Chrome Web Store, them I download the CRX files from here:

http://www.crx4chrome.com/

After this I copy and paste it for the following tutorial here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/120743/how-to- ... web-store/

I Hope you all like,

Thank's